D63 Rotor & Stator ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy M

Hi all, Does anybody have a rough idea on longevity of D63s?. Weve probably only done 150 bags of Monorex with the last one and its goosed. I know we need to get a pump tester ordered asap as weve been lucky up till now with it going at the end of a spray, but thought Id get a bit more mileage from it.
Cheers for any replies
Andy

I Know Nick, Spraying Parex all the time now but had the same problem with Weber burning them out. How much will a pump tester set me back?.

How long a rotor and stator lasts . this must be the most asked question and i always answer it down to you and the product you are using. keep your back pressure down ( 1 bar per metre of hose at 25mm ) dont clean out your hoses through rotor and stator . dont put to many hoses on (no more than 30m 25mm or 50m 35mm 0n G5 and G5 ) These are just a few things you can do to keep your rotor and stator running for much longer. Parex products spray very well this must be our companies most used render and so far our guys are getting good life out of there stators so take a look at your set up some thing must be wrong .

if i,ve got 10 bar after testing how many m2 in your mind do you think i will spray ?sorry weber chalk ,thanks

Last edited:
OP

I would suggest getting s tester asap

I would be screwed without mine because I wouldnt know what the hell was going on if something went wrong - we use it every time unless we just did a little 30 bag job or summit.

Cheers for the replies, Im running a G4 and spraying Parex at around 300 water level on D63 Twister Steve. Somethings not in sinc as when spraying theres thick,thin render coming through the gun .

Bang on ther Plasterjfe, Nitemare when its happened ,we all look at each other like whos gonna get the whisk out of the van lol.

well if you do a test you start off on the right line, then you can at least begin to eliminate issues from there. it shouldnt be wearing so quick tho. we sprayed 150 bags in one operation before without even nipping up the clamp - it did need it at the end but still it just about did it.

You could swap to a clamped d42. I found they lasted much longer than twisters and less fuel on genny turning them. Water setting is consistent too as your pumps always in the zone pumping at the same back pressure of 10/12 bar which is set for every spray.

Cheers, Ive ordered a stator on its own this time off Les as weve got a few rotors,hopefully itll be fine. Also got a d42 with clamp (unused) in case an E Grade job comes up but might get pressed into use now.

Only setting water at about 380 at start up Les and its very wet, turned down to 300 for spraying and its just right to spray .Same as Nick 2 passes and thats with a brand new twister.

300 sounds low what are you setting your water off at when you start.

everything we spry Les is lower than 300 ont water

We did a granicem last week at 200 with 18/20 bar back pressure on 20m hose I think were usually around Water 250 on monorex with 20 bar and run of the main

Status
Not open for further replies.