Cyclone vacuum dust extractor

Wayners

Made this cyclone..really easy to make and some use a old Dyson or just make a cyclone from old plastic tub and waste fittings. See youtube... The one in picture is not the turbo cyclone as could not wait for it to come from china, that has a rounded top. This is the flat top standard cyclone from UK ebay £14. Bread box is from car boot sale £2, although plenty on eBay. Made the bottom of box stronger as I didn't want it to emplode and used D draught excluder to seal box with sash clamps either end. 40mm sink waste pipe to connect it all up and 18mm ply that I cut to lock on the vacuum that box is fixed to. This cyclone will free stand on floor as put 4 rubber door stops on the ply board for feet as I'll use with a few different vacuums but looks good (hum) locked on festool vac. Lol... The ideas is the cyclone will catch 98% of dust.. This should stop the vacuum filling when drywall sanding or just using to suck muck up or anything. Boy dose the suction work well. I'll put something on YouTube showing a bit more detail when I can be bothered. Consider the turbo cyclone from China if you want one..
PYw8l93.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I have seen youtube vids on these. Very impressive especially if it works with plaster dust being so fine.

Yeah I have seen youtube vids on these. Very impressive especially if it works with plaster dust being so fine.
This guy demos on drywall.. Wizz to end if you want to see proof..My cyclone is the flat top Chinese knock off of the dust deputy he uses

Very good. Only seen them used on wood dust before. Sanding aint good at any time but sanding plaster must be worse type of sanding.

I'm mostly using on drywall but my test was small. Run some dust through but 5 seconds it's all gone in a flash. Really need big area to do. Seemed to work though..