Cutting boxes

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
If you're cutting boxes in soundcheck or anything harder drill each corner with you're drill so you're pad saw slides in

on the topic off cutting boxes has anybody used those beads that you can put round cut outs for double/single sockets?
Saw then in the merchants this afternoon.

on the topic off cutting boxes has anybody used those beads that you can put round cut outs for double/single sockets?
Saw then in the merchants this afternoon.
They are a load of rubbish I bought about four of them so the apprentice could get them right then everyone started putting tape over the boxes so it looks better for the NHBC which means you can't use them as they need to fit into the socket and all the wires have to be neatly tucked in for them to work.

Don't use your cut out tool as recommend by dewalt the best way is to mark you boxes on the board by wetting the boxes ( spit does the job) then offer the board up to where it's going , then bang the front of the board with your hand around the back box , remove board and you have the perfect imprint on the reverse to cut ou with your dewalt

No mate , a dewalt dc550 18v cut out tool specifically designed to cut plasterboard look them up on net , I got mine shipped in from USA 7 years ago, best £70 ever spent , there is a few options for the cutting bits but go for the dw6603 £10 for 10 you will struggle to find them in uk tho, let the tool do the work don't force it and the bits will last u years

Status
Not open for further replies.