customers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask them this -

If they went to Tesco and filled a trolley full of food and asked how much it was, and Tesco said £100, would they then expect to grab a load more food in another trolley and expect it to be still just £100?

Bill them the full amount on the plastering and agree to go halves on the spark, and knock that kunt down too, £150 to sort one wire out is way over the top.

nelly said:
Ask them this -

If they went to Tesco and filled a trolley full of food and asked how much it was, and Tesco said £100, would they then expect to grab a load more food in another trolley and expect it to be still just £100?

Bill them the full amount on the plastering and agree to go halves on the spark, and knock that kunt down too, £150 to sort one wire out is way over the top.
I strongly disagree Nelly. He shouldnt pay a penny towards the sparks bill.

Bruce Willis said:
nelly said:
Ask them this -

I strongly disagree Nelly. He shouldnt pay a penny towards the sparks bill.

How strongly do you feel? Would you like to talk about it? :)

I just hate seeing or hearing about people gettin ripped off or taken advantage of when eberyone knows whats right and whats wrong but try to pull a fast one.

not being funny mate but would u pay me a few hundred quid if i moaned a bit and tried to be awkward?? i doubt it

so when some is moaning and being awkward and hasnt given u the money yet u should do everything u can to get it back.

if its not in writing properly, which it sounds like it isnt, put it to them how it is. u priced for one thing. the wire isnt ur fault because it was incorrectly installed. it is their propery therefore their problem. u were not to no until it was uncovered. it is an unforeseen expense. you have then done over and above what they have asked you to do. so u explain that if half the job is worth this much, then doing extra is worth this much. if they refuse, as long as u have reciepts for your materials you are entiltled to take back what you have purchased. so you then explain to them you are taking back your plasterboard.

going off topic slightly, i always ring customers a couple of days before turning up to make sure its ready for me. rang about todays job on saturday, everythings fine, get there at 8 this morning, they've changed their mind and would like it done next week. yeah right!

I think this comes under the customer is always right even when they are completely out of order ,as you are supposed to except any changes they wish to make to the job including changing times last minute ,paying you when they can, trying to add on extras as freebies "oh while your here could you just".Etc etc there is little consideration for your time it is of no consequence ,but should you be late for whatever reason traffic etc your mobile will start ringing and on arrival scowling commences as you have made them late for there coffee morning or some other similarly life depending appointment, oh and expect no tea for such an outrage.These are generally the more wealthy customers i have found who find the whole experience nothing more than an inconvenience that you have imposed on them,forgetting that they actually contacting you wanting the job doing not that you had suddenly arrived unannounced to dig up there lounge.This is the trades for you a certain amount of freedom but with all things ups and downs and good and bad ,could be always better but would nt want to do anything else.

well said. thats why im sitting at home today. pain in the arse. got 8 weeks of work to get on with and the guy lets me down, and its too late to arrange going somewhere else. gotta wait till tommorrow now. although im quite enjoying a cup of tea watching jeremy kyle lol.

iv done it a lot in the past with people being all nice and saying oh could u just do this or that, and u say yeah, but u never get any thanks. i definatly think unless its a m8 or family everything has its price. even if its an extra half hour. ask for a tenner. the worst that will happen is they wont want the extra bit doing anymore.

had a great 1 a while back. tacking a ceiling in the guys bedroom, he says if i turn off the power, will u take the light off, tape it and poke it through the ceiling, well get it back when we put spots in. i said yep. and did as he said. at the end of the day, having spent a lot of time rolling around in his loft putting in extra cross sections of timber in the joists, put all the insulation back, tacked it, skimmed it, and loaded up the van, he goes, hm, my lights dont work in the other room or the hall. i said yeah, its prob on a ring and they run from the light we disconnected. he then refuses to pay saying well i need my lights working. i said mate its 6pm on a saturday, i aint a sparky and i certainly aint getting back up in ur loft. u asked me to do it. plug some lamps in the walls. eventually i got paid after a long debate. next time ill say no i cant cut it off, get a sparky to pop round quick or do it urself. u just cant win

Status
Not open for further replies.