Customers canceling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasterCraftDundee

Couple of weeks ago I got the go ahead on two fairly big jobs which woud have kept me ticking over till probably June. The first job was suppose to start tomorrow but I can not get in contact with the customer, been trying all week, so had to move things about and scrape some jobs together for the next few weeks. The second job which was due to start in April was waiting on a scaffolder to come and measure up. I emailed the customer asking if the scaffolfer had been yet and this was the reply...
Hi
So far I have not heard anything from the scaffolder. However in the meantime through a family connection who is prepared to do all the necessary work required including the building work,and he has his own scaffolding. As this makes everything easier from my perspective I have decided to give the work to him. They have also agreed to hand back to you the samples that you left with me.

Thank you so much for all of your attention in this matter.

Best Wishes

:tonto::tonto::tonto::tonto::tonto:

its silly season mate.

had the same myself, 1st render job due to start next week, can't do it now as road is being dug up, tried to bring another forward and they can't do it because they done get paid till end of months and can't afford it.

It's so frustrating, the second job I spent a good few hours going over it with the customer and organising a builder to renew window cills and and steps.

There's a lot of tyre kicking going on just now I've noticed. Been to price a few jobs and I just know they're not going to fork out for it, either because they don't have it or they wont part with it..we will see.

Had this a few times now. It pisses me off as you turn other work away because you can't fit them in then they screw you over.

Im thinking for work that gets booked in that is longer than a week I'm going to take a days or couple of days deposit, so if they cancel I still get a small amount or at least try to put them of giving it to a family friend all of a sudden!

That's it though they let you down its ok but if it was the other way round & u let them down you'd be a t**t....I always say it's not your job till your tools are on no matter what they tell u

it amazes me how some people don't appreciate your time and are just damn right fooking rude about it.

i priced a job the other week, when we had that really bad weather, i priced 6/7 in one day, it was getting dark and absolutely smashing it down.

1 guy gave me the wrong post code and was at the other end of the city, i called him after knocking on the wrong door and told him he'd sent me the wrong post code and that i could do friday to quote it, this was monday, his reply was "no" i actually said to him the following = "come on mate, its pissing it down and dark" his reply, well fook off then if your not interested.

the following job i priced and sent a quote, seemed like a nice couple, the old man rung me a few days later asking for me to re-send the quote as he couldn't view it for some reason.

i re-sent it and called the next day to check they'd got the quote and if they could see it, fook me, he just said YES in the most fooking arrogant voice you'd ever hear, obviously disgruntled on the price.

Looking back some of the things the customer said makes we think she would be all nice until it came to to final payment and then turn. Might be a blessing in disguise. Never met a guy who can do scaffolding, roughcasting and building work, so will be fun driving past in a few months time to see the mess they've left :lol:

it amazes me how some people don't appreciate your time and are just damn right fooking rude about it.

i priced a job the other week, when we had that really bad weather, i priced 6/7 in one day, it was getting dark and absolutely smashing it down.

1 guy gave me the wrong post code and was at the other end of the city, i called him after knocking on the wrong door and told him he'd sent me the wrong post code and that i could do friday to quote it, this was monday, his reply was "no" i actually said to him the following = "come on mate, its pissing it down and dark" his reply, well fook off then if your not interested.

the following job i priced and sent a quote, seemed like a nice couple, the old man rung me a few days later asking for me to re-send the quote as he couldn't view it for some reason.

i re-sent it and called the next day to check they'd got the quote and if they could see it, fook me, he just said YES in the most fooking arrogant voice you'd ever hear, obviously disgruntled on the price.
I thimk you have a chip on your shoulder/ attitude problem !? :inocente:

Had this a few times now. It pisses me off as you turn other work away because you can't fit them in then they screw you over.

Im thinking for work that gets booked in that is longer than a week I'm going to take a days or couple of days deposit, so if they cancel I still get a small amount or at least try to put them of giving it to a family friend all of a sudden!
Get a 12 bore shot gun and take it with you when you need to iron out any start "issues"

Im only messing with you buddy its all been doom and gloom for you last while??? Unless your still boning that 19 year old or is she 20 now??

i know mate, not all doom and gloom but when quiet i just rant on here, get s**t off my chest, makes me mad some of the dickheads i waste my time with, when good i don't brag as i don't like to make other who are short feel down.

yes the missus is ok, thanks

I hate it when they phone loads of plasterers to quote for their job you just no there going for the cheapest 1 I've been to loads & have given a fair price & they turn round an say o we've already had a quote for half that amount & u think fookin hell y didn't u say on the phone that u wanted cheap as chips an id save myself the bother not saying people shouldn't get say 3/4 prices for there job but nowadays your compeatjng against 7/8 knowledge & experience counts for sod all its all about the shillings

I hate it when they phone loads of plasterers to quote for their job you just no there going for the cheapest 1 I've been to loads & have given a fair price & they turn round an say o we've already had a quote for half that amount & u think fookin hell y didn't u say on the phone that u wanted cheap as chips an id save myself the bother not saying people shouldn't get say 3/4 prices for there job but nowadays your compeatjng against 7/8 knowledge & experience counts for sod all its all about the shillings

I was running a cornice today on a job, they had someone else in skimming walls. customer said can you give me a quote to skim the rest of the flat as the other guy was unreliable. I looked at the state of the walls, they were well rough. I said if thats the standard you are paying for I doubt you'll want me to do it, gave him a price for one room and thats was near enough the price the other guy was doing the whole flat for

I find the further down the line a job is booked in there is more chance of a cancellation...cause in the period of accepting your quote and the proposed start date,they have spoke to other people who have said oh thats expensive or dont do that,I know a plasterer, this guy done my place..blah..blah..blah...then they get swayed mabye by other cheaper quotes cause they have your quote to show them.
Still no excuse for not canceling earlier:endesacuerdo:...
shitbags.:cachetada:

Photo doesn't really do it justice
1457545305783.jpg

Couple of weeks ago I got the go ahead on two fairly big jobs which woud have kept me ticking over till probably June. The first job was suppose to start tomorrow but I can not get in contact with the customer, been trying all week, so had to move things about and scrape some jobs together for the next few weeks. The second job which was due to start in April was waiting on a scaffolder to come and measure up. I emailed the customer asking if the scaffolfer had been yet and this was the reply...
Hi
So far I have not heard anything from the scaffolder. However in the meantime through a family connection who is prepared to do all the necessary work required including the building work,and he has his own scaffolding. As this makes everything easier from my perspective I have decided to give the work to him. They have also agreed to hand back to you the samples that you left with me.

Thank you so much for all of your attention in this matter.

Best Wishes

:tonto::tonto::tonto::tonto::tonto:

why did you leave a sample with them.

i left a small sample with a guy a few years ago, didn't get the job and drove past to see they'd had it rendered the same as the sample was.

never leave anything, iv had people try it but won't do that again.

You get what you pay for end of!! Im lucky as can pick and choose within reason and i dont give a s**t if they dont go with my price. Got told today a builder i did loads for but we fell out has tried countless other plasterers and kicking himself he isnt getting the same result ! Spot on and very clean and tidy which speaks volumes on domestics (y)

i left a small sample with a guy a few years ago, didn't get the job and drove past to see they'd had it rendered the same as the sample was.

Ive got a sample board from stonepack with about 10 harling chips and different backgrounds, always think it's a bit more professional havng it and leaving it with customer to decide, I only leave it once they have gave me the job. If I don't get it back i'll just have to "borrow" another one from the merchants

the last time i left a Small sample i ended up with a baby !,but thats another story !lol

Just spoke to a client..... Can you come ASAP she said to check a leak and some rendering I said tomorrow as I'm running around she said first thing or after 6.30 I said it will be dark so couldn't prob see where it's coming from.
Then she said don't worry have someone coming Friday I'll call you if I need you, .....good luck with me answering next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke to a client..... Can you come ASAP she said to check a leak and some rendering I said tomorrow as I'm running around she said first thing or after 6.30 I said it will be dark so couldn't prob see where it's coming from.
Then she said don't worry have someone coming Friday I'll call you if I need you, .....good luck with me answering next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Id have replied to her saying "I'l call you if i needyou?" With "Why? Do you want spit roasting??" (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.