Customer

Members online

eox

Basically went to price a job she had two quotes I had a phone call today to go to the job she's had someone else do it for half the price and it's a s**t job if I do say so myself so not only has she mugged me off she wants me to do the job for the same price any advice on what to do?

That's what I was wondering should I go in at a higher price now or shall I say no. ....

I think you should just go in at your original price as long as it was reasonable earner for you in the 1st place. She's obviously would have learnt her lesson already. You pay for what you get!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I would not go in on the first price u give. This is the second time u had to go look at the job and there is a good chance there will be more work after a cowboy. I wouldn't do it as they didnt use me the first time. I think it's even a piss take ringing you after they didn't give you the job.

That's what's Pissed me off the most is that she's asked me to go back knowing she's had someone else

That's cheap :rolleyes:
If you do it

Tell them to paint it so you can complete it okay.. Nothing worse than skimming over fresh bare plaster... In the summer as well..
If they don't 5 coats of pva
:popcorn:
That's expensive only had a stroke the last job

Same price if the same work, more money if more work. If its just s**t skimming you got no more work really so id go at the same price, depends if you got more prep

Go half of the cow boys price, its not fair on the customer having to pay extra. They have went to alot of hassle of wasting alot of peoples time to get the lowest price

Reactions: Pug
Same price if the same work, more money if more work. If its just s**t skimming you got no more work really so id go at the same price, depends if you got more prep
It's all ways more money if you have already priced a job and they get some one else that f**k*d it up and ask u back to fix it. Why would you do it for the same money. Pay cheap pay twice. The longer you are in this game u start to cop on to s**t client's. I can tell just by a phone call if the job is worth even looking at. I had a bloke ring me a few weeks back. Am looking for a house wetdash I say ok he says where is the cheapest place to get dash. Well that was the end of the call i just put the phone down. And other call was am thinking of getting my house re plastered in a slow vice. All I say is sure you can let me know when you make your mind up. I've no time for that s**t. Had a bloke today is that the best u can do. I say no I can go higher if you want. I got that job he started laughing

It's all ways more money if you have already priced a job and they get some one else that f**k*d it up and ask u back to fix it. Why would you do it for the same money. Pay cheap pay twice. The longer you are in this game u start to cop on to s**t client's. I can tell just by a phone call if the job is worth even looking at. I had a bloke ring me a few weeks back. Am looking for a house wetdash I say ok he says where is the cheapest place to get dash. Well that was the end of the call i just put the phone down. And other call was am thinking of getting my house re plastered in a slow vice. All I say is sure you can let me know when you make your mind up. I've no time for that s**t. Had a bloke today is that the best u can do. I say no I can go higher if you want. I got that job he started laughing
Just my opinion, if its the same job its the same price....im not going to up my price cos they already got f**k*d once....no matter the price if someone comes into your home and says they can do a thing you expect they can do it, no one gets f**k*d on purpose

Had a customer other day ask me if i'd do it cheaper for cash. I told him it would be £20 extra, his face was a picture and couldn't work out what was going on. I said look by time I get to the bank fill in the deposit form, wait in the queue it will be a good hour of my day. "oh yeah right enough, i'll just do a bank transfer"

Totally agree mate.i had a client use somebody else over me to do a bedroom and I was highly recommended to them.They f##ked it up and called me back to do it but didn't say they had someone in so it wasn't until I got there and saw skim all over the drive I knew something was up then I saw the room and it was shocking.chap says "I'll leave you to crack on then!" I said I'll just send you an email with new quote (which was almost double my original plus he paid the clown before who messed it up.He was about to say something and his Mrs just said if you hadn't of been a tight arse in the first place it would t have come to this!Bit awkward as she drilled him a new asshole there and then all over him trying to save £20 off original quote.

That's what I'm saying they f**k*d me off so was going to see what people's opinions was of it some people are picks

Totally agree mate.i had a client use somebody else over me to do a bedroom and I was highly recommended to them.They f##ked it up and called me back to do it but didn't say they had someone in so it wasn't until I got there and saw skim all over the drive I knew something was up then I saw the room and it was shocking.chap says "I'll leave you to crack on then!" I said I'll just send you an email with new quote (which was almost double my original plus he paid the clown before who messed it up.He was about to say something and his Mrs just said if you hadn't of been a tight arse in the first place it would t have come to this!Bit awkward as she drilled him a new asshole there and then all over him trying to save £20 off original quote.
They deserved that, if you get in touch with a tradesman who has been highly recommended then you go with that tradesman. You don't take the risk and get the cheaper guy in.

@eox I assume you're skimming over bear plaster that hasn't been painted yet? If so even with couple coats of pva on it, that will set fast.

Just my opinion, if its the same job its the same price....im not going to up my price cos they already got f**k*d once....no matter the price if someone comes into your home and says they can do a thing you expect they can do it, no one gets f**k*d on purpose
Your opinion is worng. Let's say it's a skim job. The bloke that f**k*d it up. Do you trust him to work over his work?? I wouldn't. Then u have the client phone u for a second time to go look at the same job u looked at the first time but didn't give you the job the first time just because someone was cheaper. Do it for the same money no hope. I'd feel like I was letting my hole be violated. U will look back at this thread in a few years when you have more experience and say Keith is right (y)

Had a customer other day ask me if i'd do it cheaper for cash. I told him it would be £20 extra, his face was a picture and couldn't work out what was going on. I said look by time I get to the bank fill in the deposit form, wait in the queue it will be a good hour of my day. "oh yeah right enough, i'll just do a bank transfer"
I have to use that one