curves

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz1968

hello. just wanted to know how to skim curved areas in ceiling. i have to plaster a ceiling straight forward but there is a part where the ceiling comes down at an andgle and the customer wants a curve put into the ceiling

depends how tight the curve is if only silight just put i bit off finish along it before you start if its a big curve bond it out should be able to just get it trowel flat then skim

i've done this in my own house, the bathroom ceiling curves almost like coving as it meets the outer wall..... does this in 1 bedroom aswell .... 2 options .... you can get rid of the problem and drop the ceiling 5 inch.... or if they insist on keeping it.... it can be done just like normal..... you can get it something like if you put on neat first coat.... but after 2nd coat and when it starts to hazel push hard round the curve and it comes up quite well.... i used a peace of wood as my edge to work from..... hope some of this helps pal. ;)

Bond it out first that way you can get yourself a good finish on the job plus you cant go wrong.

just an after thought if its already curved and its just a reskim just follow it round with the finish

good point is the curve already there or do you need to put one in you have not made it very clear

one little tip for you mate.. once you got the 2coats on the ceiling and ur at the stage of squaring it all up,i usually just run a wet brush over the curve to flatten out the creases then continue pulling in the rest of the ceiling.Try to trowel over it only a couple of times whilst polishing rest of ceiling once you got the shape right with the brush.
What ever you do DONT start playing with the curve... you only bring it off .

Others might not agree with this method but this is how i do them and i always get paid cus there spot on.

sright that.. get it on and leave it wll alone or youll f'ck it..
i usually let it go right off and use the other hand to put a bit of pressure on the back of the blade to get the lines out..

Status
Not open for further replies.