Curved walls

devneydutch

E0DBB442-673D-4672-8933-429C4EAF8B2B.jpeg
I put a question on here back along about adjustable beads for doing curved walls. Got lots of spreads saying just free hand it. I’ve just done another one today using rails cut from timber. I take them out and infill as the gear goes off. I was wondering how other spreads would go about this curve

Really think you would struggle to free hand this and get a good finish. Outside yeah defo freehand but inside needs to be bang on

Only other options I can think of is.
Curved template set out to make screed rule and formed pressed screeds.
No way that could have been done free hand, you would have had flat spot in some areas.
You are showing good plastering skills and technical knowledge.
You deserve to be paid the rate to match that level of expertise required.
Are you going to skim it all in one hit?

Only other options I can think of is.
Curved template set out to make screed rule and formed pressed screeds.
No way that could have been done free hand, you would have had flat spot in some areas.
You are showing good plastering skills and technical knowledge.
You deserve to be paid the rate to match that level of expertise required.
Are you going to skim it all in one hit?
Going too airless plaster it mate, spray it on all in one go yeah

View attachment 69011I put a question on here back along about adjustable beads for doing curved walls. Got lots of spreads saying just free hand it. I’ve just done another one today using rails cut from timber. I take them out and infill as the gear goes off. I was wondering how other spreads would go about this curve
Freehand all day every day curved walls are easy to do buddy

Freehand all day every day curved walls are easy to do buddy
Most plastering jobs are easy, but done to a high standard requires planning, skill and experience.
External work free hand maybe but internal with nothing to work too and a spiral staircase going next to it, if it is out you will see it straight away.
If you run your hand across curved work, if not done correctly, you can feel flat spots.
Seen straight staircase margins not straight.
How good the job looks will be after the spiral staircase is fitted.

Most plastering jobs are easy, but done to a high standard requires planning, skill and experience.
External work free hand maybe but internal with nothing to work too and a spiral staircase going next to it, if it is out you will see it straight away.
If you run your hand across curved work, if not done correctly, you can feel flat spots.
Seen straight staircase margins not straight.
How good the job looks will be after the spiral staircase is fitted.
Nah it's the same inside or outside buddy either you can do it or you need something to help it's down to the individual doing it really no real need for any special plans a skilled experienced plasterer will just do it

breakfast noise GIF

Not using screeds, on a curved wall which is having a spiral staircase fitted would over complicate it, wouldn't it?
Yes Doofy it would to a guy that knows what he's doing if the wall is out and you are using something screwd you are going to follow it and could end up with a kick on each joint then what you going to do Doofy

Yes Doofy it would to a guy that knows what he's doing if the wall is out and you are using something screwd you are going to follow it and could end up with a kick on each joint then what you going to do Doofy
U use the guide to plumb the wall up though. U got any pics of one of your curved walls? Would be good to see how a guy that knows what he’s doings finish is like

Yes Smart ass, I think devnydutch knows what he is doing.
If he has fixed or formed screeds then it is easy to check before applying any material.
Unless you think checking work is over complicating it.

U use the guide to plumb the wall up though. U got any pics of one of your curved walls? Would be good to see how a guy that knows what he’s doings finish is like
If you need to f**k around to get there then no problem if it's right when it's done Like I said it's down to the skill and experience of the individual and no I don't take pictures of work I do I just do it

Yes Smart ass, I think devnydutch knows what he is doing.
If he has fixed or formed screeds then it is easy to check before applying any material.
Unless you think checking work is over complicating it.
No you should always check it before you start something like this over complicating it would be f**k**g around with trying to set screeds up with timber or anything else like I said experienced plasterers would just do it no problem