curved wall to ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

hi been to look at a job today and the wall to ceiling has a curve the radius is about the same as a coke can the bloke wants the whole thing reskimmed just looking for some ideas as the rad is so tight gonna be difficult to get a trowel around (should probably have taken a picture as explanation not very clear)
thanks for any help

This is what u want marra, Just what nisus mentioned.......

Attachments

• curvy tool.jpg
    curvy tool.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,220
roger.............:RpS_thumbup:.....its what i use anyway.............whatever the fewk its called

Lol thats a coving tool. Coving trowel is for concrete. Both would still do the job though

we have reskimed these ceiling to walls coves quite recently. we skimed them freehand as they already have a good shape.
put the ceiling and cove on together then cut a joint about 6 inches below the cove, then skim the walls blending in to the joint. this work takes longer then you think so charge extra.
the only time that i have used a coving trowel is for forming cove skirtings on grano screeds. there are several different angle coving trowel available

done many of those ceilings, two man job, one to skim flat area, one to take the cove, the internal angles bit of a bitch but i run the rubber cove tool round to speed things up

cheers lads for the replies went with the coke can strange as it may seem but worked a treat but now one of those chinese shovel thimgs is a must have for anyone me thinks LOL

that was a plant pot mate and the fella who was in the video was..........how do i say this....... he was special:RpS_thumbup:

yeah i know the vid mate the fella used to be on here for a while:RpS_thumbup:

plant pots?paint pots?coke cans? lmfao!! sir have you heard this?
anyone got a paving slab i cant find my trowel ;))

ive tried these coved ceilings with a labourer and they are a nightmare for me to be honest. i much prefer to install coving and skim wall and ceiling individually.

that didnt sound quite right. i mean skim ceiling and walls, then install cove. if the curve is to large knock it out and reboard flat before skim.

Status
Not open for further replies.