curved splayed chimney breast.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Not sure how to describe it !! Them chimney breast that curve as the external angle meets the lid. and in doing so forms like a split/splayed angle with a sharp point in the middle. how is the best way to plaster this curved angle? Can u use flex arch bead? Do one side of the angle first?

Any pointers lads?

you can get angle beads to follow really gradual bends on chimney breasts. you need to staple it or nail it.

if im right i think he means a lid that curves into the walls where there is also a set forward fire place, so you have an external curve on the corner of the fireplace where the lid and wall meet.

if im right, i had to do one a few weeks back, where we had to overboard the old lid, then freehand all the curves back in. its a bitch of a job and is time consuming, but forget trying to curve beads etc, just bring you skim bead up as far as you can, then its all freehand. its a good test to see if ur any good or not. :)

I've even snipped the webbing on metal angle beeds to get them to bend when I ran out of flexible plastic ones.

Was actually thinking that. Worn u free hand it do u form one side of the angle first. Then do other set ie use hard angles?? Also how do u form crisp angle without bead ???

Was actually thinking that. Worn u free hand it do u form one side of the angle first. Then do other set ie use hard angles?? Also how do u form crisp angle without bead ???

if you can skim curves and stairwinders then you do one of those. no hard corners as youll make hard work for yourself and itll take you days. just get it on, form the rough shape, then trowel it up. same as when you have a curved lid and have to do a return on the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.