Curved ceilings

wil

Evening all
Has anyone got any advce on skimming steep curved ceilings, where the curve has been formed all the way around the room, done a few before now but always find them a bum, I use a plasflex which does help but I was wondering if anyone had any tips cheers

Evening all
Has anyone got any advce on skimming steep curved ceilings, where the curve has been formed all the way around the room, done a few before now but always find them a bum, I use a plasflex which does help but I was wondering if anyone had any tips cheers
I found the @Speedskim better than the plazzi as you don't dig the leading edge in....

Other than that just get stuck in and enjoy them

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I keep hearing about this speedskim thing on a pole. last time I saw it used it was crap. A supposed flat ceiling ended up with a slight roll around the edge. I'm guessing it was operator error???
I've always just used my trusty 13" marshletown for all ceiling rolls - never had any problems. Gets a bit tricky when two walls meet in a corner with a roll on both. Pointing trowel and a brush!! hate those corners myself but as said - get stuck in and enjoy. It's when you stand back an look at it that it all seems worth it.

James

I use a MT on the straight runs and a pointer/small tool for the domes !

Takes a bit of practice but they look nice and you can charge extra for them

You can buy an angle tools for rounded corners they come in a set of left and right.
Or a piece of two inch plastic pipe works well

A dryliner I knew had a tool that looked like half a table tennis bat for doing curves. He swore by it (although I never saw any of his work)

A dryliner I knew had a tool that looked like half a table tennis bat for doing curves. He swore by it (although I never saw any of his work)
I've used one of them for ceiling curves but I didn't rate it. Prefer to form curve freehand first then skim over it.

I think you're talking about hand turned coves. If skimming lay on as normal and then second coat with a Pavan venetian trowel. It goes in a treat. It's about ten inches and ultra thin. It makes it a breeze. If you're forming the radius first then as mentioned above there's the batknife or you can use an offcut of board and use your rasp to get the correct radius and keep the straight edge of the board against the wall.