Curved ceiling :-/

Chris Shead

Hi, a new member looking for advice....I plan to skim a hallway ceiling, around 3sq meters, no great problem. The ceiling continues up above the stairs for about 1 metre and where it trasitions from hall to stairs is a curved surface.
image.jpg
The house is 1969 with original plasterboard and artex. The original curve is pretty neat but it’s been bashed and chipped over the years.
Advice please:
Follow the original curve, ‘by hand’?
Put a metal bead along the curve?
Any other tips or solutions?
Any ideas will be gratefully received.
Chris

Hi, a new member looking for advice....I plan to skim a hallway ceiling, around 3sq meters, no great problem. The ceiling continues up above the stairs for about 1 metre and where it trasitions from hall to stairs is a curved surface.View attachment 24223 The house is 1969 with original plasterboard and artex. The original curve is pretty neat but it’s been bashed and chipped over the years.
Advice please:
Chris

that looks like paper to me sir

Yeah nearly always...I always overboard cos you can Nearly always see the tape giving and I don't want to feck around with it

Thanks I will prob use that. I guess I will chop out some of the old to fit the mesh/bead into place. Seems like a plan, very grateful.
Not really, the mesh beads have flex so you can squish them in a little (but not too much or the edges will just curl up) or go with the stop bead as lodan said. You’ll be reet either way

Hi, a new member looking for advice....I plan to skim a hallway ceiling, around 3sq meters, no great problem. The ceiling continues up above the stairs for about 1 metre and where it trasitions from hall to stairs is a curved surface.View attachment 24223 The house is 1969 with original plasterboard and artex. The original curve is pretty neat but it’s been bashed and chipped over the years.
Advice please:
Chris
Are you a spread?