Cullamix meterage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saquach

I've been asked to price to use cullamix on a job and was wondering if you guys new how far a bag will cover roughly per sq mtrs I can't seem to find out online. Any help would be apreciated thanks

Depends on how heavy a texture you put on. I go for a light texture and get 6m2 a bag.

I prefer a light flick myself but last time i used the stuff was years ago and I did not buy it. Do you paint it on before you flick it too

I prefer a light flick myself but last time i used the stuff was years ago and I did not buy it. Do you paint it on before you flick it too

we use to paint the first coat but thats to slow. and there are only a few colours available.
we now render the wall in the morning, putting extra lime in the mix.
then we mix up a wet sand and cement the same mix that we have used for the rendering and give the wall a light spray.
because it is all the same colour no need to paint the back ground, and you or the customer can paint the tyrolean any colour they require. easy money!

Yea same here Malc but they don't want to paint it they got it in their heads its maintenance free but it'll weather for sure

maintenance free? All renders are maintenance free are they not?

maintenance free? they are painting blocks of flats here that has been finished in mono ,blue colour , the colour has run out in to stripes, they are now painted dark blue.

I mean colour it'll soon have dirt on it and require painting after a while but people don't seem to grasp that.not that I'm complaint about the extra work involved and culla mix often goes patchy(lime bloom).

What finishes don't look that good after a few years. People ring me wanting through coloured renders so no painting but 5 years down the line they look rhubarb.

It will be interesting to see if this Nano technology can be as good as they say.

Nano technology, one up from silicone. Apparently it repels dirt so looks cleaner for longer. Certain bucket coats and paints have it with a price to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.