CSCS

Members online

Hi everyone looking for advise as im sure im not the first person to be having this problem. Basicly i have let my cscs card expire(been to busy to be on hold for hours trying to renew the card) not through trying to speak to someone a number of times. anyways my fault i know! i now seem to have a problem im being told i need to have a NVQ or diploma that i dont have either,they say i can go back to college to get a nvq (2 day course £750) the thing is im a company director and dont work on the tools myself anymore,just need to get back on site to check on all the work we currently have running and 1 main contractor is not allowing me to price work without a cscs and NVQ? i dont understand i was self taught like most trades men, have 20years in the trade and have a decent turnover but yet they wont now allow me to continue.!! Any advise??????

Get the temporary six month card then look into doing the health and environment test it allows you to get a five year card

Hi everyone looking for advise as im sure im not the first person to be having this problem. Basicly i have let my cscs card expire(been to busy to be on hold for hours trying to renew the card) not through trying to speak to someone a number of times. anyways my fault i know! i now seem to have a problem im being told i need to have a NVQ or diploma that i dont have either,they say i can go back to college to get a nvq (2 day course £750) the thing is im a company director and dont work on the tools myself anymore,just need to get back on site to check on all the work we currently have running and 1 main contractor is not allowing me to price work without a cscs and NVQ? i dont understand i was self taught like most trades men, have 20years in the trade and have a decent turnover but yet they wont now allow me to continue.!! Any advise??????
You would Be better looking into a gold supervisors card but it's gonna cost and you will need to know something.not looked at it for a while so may have changed I remember getting jobs through and I needed a gold card to price it, also got asked years ago to start a site for another bloke who didn't have one.

You would Be better looking into a gold supervisors card but it's gonna cost and you will need to know something.not looked at it for a while so may have changed I remember getting jobs through and I needed a gold card to price it, also got asked years ago to start a site for another bloke who didn't have one.
the gold card i need a diploma thats mega $ and i think its university stuff,not gonna happen.! it just makes me laugh that they telling me gotta go back to a training center to get nvq

the gold card i need a diploma thats mega $ and i think its university stuff,not gonna happen.! it just makes me laugh that they telling me gotta go back to a training center to get nvq
There are two types of gold card you might be better getting a visitor card if they still do them, not sure how long they last.

Propper bollox.

The CSCS scheme is sooooo shoddy well the idea is ok but in practice with fake cards and lots of backhanders going on it makes a mockery of the system

Is this what your cscs card are like? sketch-1497631612756.png

This is just my opinion, I know fellas with gold cards that are rubbish plasterers and good tidy fellas with out cards, just a scheme, says it all really.
I agree but we wasn't talking that we were talking about getting on site and running jobs so it wasn't bollox.

I found any site i was on where the CSCS scam was being implemented seemed to be an excuse to deduct a percentage of my wage for the the main contractors, therefore I presume it to be bollox, an old boys network. Just my opinion, seems different to yours, nice to be able to voice it on a forum though.

One in the same to me, subbys have to be CITB registered then deductions are made in order to fund and work CSCS. I'm not mixed up, quite aware really.

Any contractor that takes CITB from a subby is being cuntish. They are responsible for the CITB levy because their wages bill is over a certain amount. They get the benefit of CITB contributions towards courses and apprentices, not the sunbird. The levy should be paid by them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One in the same to me, subbys have to be CITB registered then deductions are made in order to fund and work CSCS. I'm not mixed up, quite aware really.
It's not one in the same no matter how many times you repeat it, you can register with CITB yourself and tell who ever your subbing to to f**k off, unless your earnings are massive you won't need to contribute. The CSCS is something completely different which has no connection to CITB.

Any contractor that takes CITB from a subby is being cuntish. They are responsible for the CITB levy because their wages bill is over a certain amount. They get the benefit of CITB contributions towards courses and apprentices, not the sunbird. The levy should be paid by them!

I thought that was illegal

Not sure on the legal position. Just cuntish in my opinion

Pretty sure they can't pass it on, you can register yourself so deffo don't have to pay twice but the problem everyone has and I had in the past is if you don't pay there is no work for you.