cscs revision advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan

alright lads

today at college we had loads of companies in showing us new products etc - big companies in like morrisons and fhm.i had a bit banter with a contractor manager for fhm and i showed him some of the walls i plastered and he was well happy with my work so he said 'give me 5 mins' and he came back and said i can have a start on my college days for free work experience.i dont kno how long for but its a start anyways they said i need a cscs card is there an online site you can practice on?? i know you can get a disc but my cd rom is f**k*d on my laptop. any ideas???

when you book in for your test ask em to send you a revision book, shouldn't really need it though as it is one of the simplest exams going, all multiple choice , just common sense

Hello Mate
As above it's really easy, name of book thou is Health & Safety Test, published by CITB-ConstructionSkills Bircham Newton Kings Lynn Norfolk PE31 6RH got mine from WHSmith £8.49

thanks for the reply lads and broonster if i prove to them im a good worker it myt end up in a job mate thats why am gonna give it a shot.Like everyone says on here college is the basics and you learn properly by being on site

thanks for the reply lads and broonster if i prove to them im a good worker it myt end up in a job mate thats why am gonna give it a shot.Like everyone says on here college is the basics and you learn properly by being on site

Go for it dan and good luck

alright lads

today at college we had loads of companies in showing us new products etc - big companies in like morrisons and fhm.i had a bit banter with a contractor manager for fhm and i showed him some of the walls i plastered and he was well happy with my work so he said 'give me 5 mins' and he came back and said i can have a start on my college days for free work experience.i dont kno how long for but its a start anyways they said i need a cscs card is there an online site you can practice on?? i know you can get a disc but my cd rom is f**k*d on my laptop. any ideas???

"he said 'give me 5 mins' and he came back and said "

he ran to the phone or away for some privacy and used his cell to phone his boss........" boss ,I found a kid who will work for nothing on his days off,should I hire him?"

WTF happened over there, why am i not seeing apprenticeships....you know the ones where you get paid to go to college? where the company made a commitment to the apprentice ...and vice versa? you know the one where you straightened nails when there was no gear to spread?

good luck though hopefully the company actually gives you a shot at some paid work

Last edited:
i worked 4 fhm in north field birmingham they was the worst contractor ive ever worked 4 dident know there arse from there elbow imo trie & get an apprenticeship

You can get a FREE CSCS card from here: Free CSCS Card & CSCS Tests
Only select areas:

Ring the number of the centre nearest to you between 9am and 8pm, Monday to Friday:
cscs.png

You can also text us on 07824 771245 and we'll call you back, or email us (please include your phone number and area in which you live) at: info@businesshelp.co.uk if you would prefer.
East MidlandsDerby, Kettering & Leicester 01163 800 470
Lincoln & Mansfield 01522 253 302
Peterborough & Nottingham Not available in your area yet, your nearest centres are Lincoln, Mansfield & Leicester
North WestManchester, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Wythenshawe, Stockport & Newton Heath 0161 883 0053
Blackpool, Preston, Bolton, Warrington, Liverpool & Chester Not available in your area yet, your nearest centres are in Greater Manchester
West MidlandsBirmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley & Stafford 0121 663 0747
Stoke-on-Trent, Telford, Worcester, Coventry & Rugby Not available in your area yet, your nearest centres are Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley & Stafford
Yorkshire & HumberLeeds, Sheffield, Doncaster & Grimsby 0113 880 0260
Hull, Harrogate, Bradford, Barnsley & S!!!!horpe Not available in your area yet, your nearest centres are Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster & Grimsby
North EastDarlington 0113 880 0260
Sunderland, Middlesborough, Scarborough, Newcastle-upon-Tyne & Carlisle Not available in your area yet, your nearest centre is Darlington
EastKings Lynn, Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Thetford, Ipswich & Chelmsford Not available in your area yet, please check back later.
London AreaLondon Not available in your area yet, please check back later.
South EastFolkestone, Hastings, Eastbourne, Brighton, Ashford, Maidstone & Crawley Not available in your area yet, please check back later.
South WestPortsmouth, Plymouth, Southampton, Bournemouth, Basingstoke, Bristol, Taunton & Exeter Not available in your area yet, please check back later.

you can get the book from any libary,don't pay out for it cos you'll never look at once you've done the test.
it does make me wonder why when i work for big firms i get 2.28% CITB deducted,yet in over 20 years i've never seen an apprentice on site.
i think if they pay your costs and you're actually working with another plasterer then you should go for it,just don't let them use you for slave labour,make sure you learn from it.

barry i was told the same, i did it in 8 minutes and a mate did it in 7, our old labourer was working with me on a saturday a few weeks ago (tax paid of course!) and told me he did it to get into factory work and failed it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.