cripples

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1

Sorry second question been doing a lot of ceiling s usually lug trestles and boards upstairs takes forever have heard of " cripples " can any body advise me where i can get these or what they are ;D is there another name for them ?

in my van i have two hops a crate and a pair of stilts and to break it down i use
hopups 35%
crate 60%
stilts 5%
im 6'1" so a crates best for me and im not slating stilts at all they r quicker but you do have to be on the right job to use them and preferably have someone mixing the gear

Most sites now wont let u use crates and certainly wont let you use steps, you can barely get away with them arubu hop up work platforms, any work at height have to be done on a scaffold, which is a pain in the arse as you need a bleeding scaff tag to set um up :eek: crazy, been using crates for years and all of a sudden they are dangerous? I work with another spread who is shorter than me so scaffold are pretty useless when it comes to ceilings i'm 6'4 and my mates 5'10 so theres a big difference on heights we need, if they just let us get on with it the way we already know things will get done alot quicker on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.