crb check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pug

Been approached by a builder who would like to use me (recommended by a friend) but he wants me to have a crb certificate (i look dodgy as fcuk!). Had a look on the web but not sure which type to have, if push comes to shove I'll ask him what he wants, but wanted to look like I'm a bit professional!

Hi All

A crb is a crimianl record beaurea check (it just makes sure you hav not been convicted for any major things in your past ) all my lads that hav worked for me hav to hav them as i mainly work in domestic and for letting companys and thay hav started asking for them to work in schools as we also do you hav to hav a crb and a pova check the pova check is the one that checks if you hav had any involvement with kids or you are on the s*x affenders list crb costs about £26.00 and takes about 2weeks to get back.

I've had another look on the web and I'm getting confused! I'll only be subbing off him from time to time and as I'm self employed I can't apply for one for myself. I gave him my details, but I got the impression he wanted me to get the check done.... I'll give him a bell...

hi pug

if you are working in social housing u may need the pova check as well as we did some work last year in canterbury in social housing and we had to do the pova as well as the crb no harm in asking the man pug

Cheers mshaw! I'm good with a trowel (and broom and kettle!) but this business stuff does my head in!

I work for a company that builds a lot of pre-schools in the grounds of primary schools. Up to now, I have only been on site each time for about 2 weeks. If you are going to be on site for 3 weeks or more, you have to have a CRB check.

The new government anounced yesterday they are dropping a lot of these ridiculous checks.

Hold out a bit and see if you can avoid wasteing your time and money mate

TonyM said:
I work for a company that builds a lot of pre-schools in the grounds of primary schools. Up to now, I have only been on site each time for about 2 weeks. If you are going to be on site for 3 weeks or more, you have to have a CRB check.

wonder why that is.. you cant harm any one with in 2 weeks!?

Surely its a good thing to have on your business cards etc, specially in the domestic market. I know some things (cant call them people) slip through the net but it does give a bit of piece of mind to parents that the majority of adults who are comung into contact with their kids have had some form of check done on them.

So if a nonce never gets caught or found out,
then his crb check would be fine & people would let them into schools & into their house thinking he's a nice chap? :-\

So really noncey boy needs to get caught before the crb check will show up anything....... Oh I see how it works now
:-\ ???

This is worse than the cscs scam ;D

lol! it is a siht hole, but some of us have managed not to get caught to stay out of trouble! ;D

town center, near the tech. 2 minutes walk to the new inn half hours walk home!

Status
Not open for further replies.