Cracks

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Any body had come back from doing bottom meter in sand and cement in to plasterboard even after scrimming joint.
Also on wooden beads. I.ve never had comeback after scrimming bead but kid who's doing job with me next week says he has so wants to pull em of.

Any body had come back from doing bottom meter in sand and cement in to plasterboard even after scrimming joint.
Also on wooden beads. I.ve never had comeback after scrimming bead but kid who's doing job with me next week says he has so wants to pull em of.
Best to pull them wooden ones off sometimes but I have in past,also put 4 inch scrim around the wooden bead then bead then 2 inch down both sides 4 good measure

Did you solid dab the bottom of the plasterboards and allow a week for SC before skimming

No didnt know there was damp till today . Fixed a battern to wall so I could board rest of staircase still
I'd rather have solid dab myself , more consistent thermal joint

Your customers probably think if you can’t be arsed to do it properly in the first place you aren’t going to come back and rectify.. hence the lack of comebacks
I.ve been back to jobs I.ve done it on and not cracked . Only time I known it to crack was when I never scrimmed em

Always had cracks on wooden beads on chimney breast
Always had cracks on wooden beads on fire breasts when over skimmed, after fixing bead and taping, so always pull them off now, along with a load of plaster...

Because some people want straight angles why would you still want a fukin wooden bead stuck out from 1918 Victorian times
Actually they are keeping the 20 inch coving and 20 inch skirting so might ask if they want to keep em.

PVA the bead first, bead on, scrim down both sides, bit of bonding on top of scrim then skim it. Never had a bead crack and I always say to the customer if it cracks let me know and I'll pop back and fix it.

why not not leave beads on form a v joint down it and do the job right
Spot on, its not like its hard to do. If the wood bead is dooked in to a brick corner and the customer isn't bothered I'll rip them out patch it in and stick skim on and skim it. If its wooden lath then I'll just replicate the original v joint, hate putting skim beads over wooden beads even scrimed.