Cracks in Shower plaster

Members online

Barney123

Hi guys,

Took off old ceramic tiles in shower cubicle for new ones and odd patches in plaster on solid wall. The damage seems relatively local. Will it just need an undercoat and finishing plaster to patch?
443E4768-2238-418B-82A1-8EEABAFC9598.jpeg

Thanks

Hi guys,

Took off old ceramic tiles in shower cubicle for new ones and odd patches in plaster on solid wall. The damage seems relatively local. Will it just need an undercoat and finishing plaster to patch? View attachment 51569

Thanks

save your money and rip it all out and re-board with a tile backer board. Tile straight on to that.

Took over a rental property a few years back and there was a randomly plumbed in radiator in the lounge that backed On to one of the bedrooms en-suite. It dawned on me it was only there because the shower Cubicle leaked!

save your money and rip it all out and re-board with a tile backer board. Tile straight on to that.

Took over a rental property a few years back and there was a randomly plumbed in radiator in the lounge that backed On to one of the bedrooms en-suite. It dawned on me it was only there because the shower Cubicle leaked!
I tell you what it’s not a bad shout, plaster is something of the past with showers... the amount of prep especially for a wet area involving plaster is an absolute mare. Been working with cement boards and aqua board and it’s been sound so far. Speed, time and longevity of instal is far superior.