cracks after 2 months

Timber moves. The same as plasterboard over joists and scim doesn't matter how much scrim or mesh u use timber expands ect. And u get a crack it's movement. It happens.same as solid walls any movement and render cracks above windows and doors mesh or eml won't spot it .
so what would you suggest?

Timber moves. The same as plasterboard over joists and scim doesn't matter how much scrim or mesh u use timber expands ect. And u get a crack it's movement. It happens.same as solid walls any movement and render cracks above windows and doors mesh or eml won't spot it .
I served my time in the sixties and the old boys used to say if a building doesant move then theres something wrong

As already mentioned it has been specced up wrong. K1 on carrier board? Too heavy and brittle. Even repairing the cracks might not be the answer, I think it will crack again.

Consider hpx over the top fully meshed and then a silicone 1.5mm or less over it. K Rend should be able to do a colour match on the silicone to match the K1 so you might get away with doing the one wall.

As already mentioned it has been specced up wrong. K1 on carrier board? Too heavy and brittle. Even repairing the cracks might not be the answer, I think it will crack again.

Consider hpx over the top fully meshed and then a silicone 1.5mm or less over it. K Rend should be able to do a colour match on the silicone to match the K1 so you might get away with doing the one wall.
surely if K1 is too heavy, going over the top will be more weight no? i was wondering about trying to hack off the top coat, then go over with hpx fully meshed, then tc15. my concern was how well the HP12 has stuck to the board and again was wondering how much weight is too much weight as it will be 12mm of hpx

surely if K1 is too heavy, going over the top will be more weight no? i was wondering about trying to hack off the top coat, then go over with hpx fully meshed, then tc15. my concern was how well the HP12 has stuck to the board and again was wondering how much weight is too much weight as it will be 12mm of hpx

About 4-5mm of hpx which is quite flexible and the 1.5mm of tc15 which again has some stretch.

About 4-5mm of hpx which is quite flexible and the 1.5mm of tc15 which again has some stretch.
what i mean is, im thinking trying to hack off the k1, then use hpx to build out to the beads, meaning it will be about 4-5mm hp12 then 7-8mm hpx then tc15 but wondering if that will also be too heavy

what i mean is, im thinking trying to hack off the k1, then use hpx to build out to the beads, meaning it will be about 4-5mm hp12 then 7-8mm hpx then tc15 but wondering if that will also be too heavy
I bet you’ll find although it’s cracked it’ll be a pig to come off. Best just going at it and see how it comes away. Might even damage the board yet.

I bet you’ll find although it’s cracked it’ll be a pig to come off. Best just going at it and see how it comes away. Might even damage the board yet.
yeh im half expecting it will f**k the board, just gotta see how it come off first, but im also wondering where to go from here once its off. so its about 140m job, everywhere has been beaded and base coated but only the back top coated. cant do just the back in tc15 that looks s**t so not sure what to do. fill out the rest with base then tc15 the lot, depending if he likes the finish of tc15 i guess, showing him monday

yeh im half expecting it will f**k the board, just gotta see how it come off first, but im also wondering where to go from here once its off. so its about 140m job, everywhere has been beaded and base coated but only the back top coated. cant do just the back in tc15 that looks s**t so not sure what to do. fill out the rest with base then tc15 the lot, depending if he likes the finish of tc15 i guess, showing him monday
From a short distance it’s hard to tell it apart from mono.

I wouldn’t try and hack it off. It is not like sand and cement. You will cause more harm than good. The tc15 will look similar but you can sell the benefits of colour fastness, dirt repellent and flexibility over mono.

Ocr the rest and tc15.

It sounds like you are in the s**t it's gone cost more to put it right . And the mess. If it was me I'd ask him if you refund his money could he live with it . Then move on mate. F. Ck the rendering.

Hello,

Im hoping you guys can offer some advice, we rendered this 2 months ago and today the customer calls as there are cracks appearing, two large cracks, very straight ones.

It was on a timber frame, with cement board. we base coated it with hp12 and fully meshed it, then K1 spray to top. Today was warm, but no hotter than any other warm day.

Customer is devastated, hes a good friend of mine and likes things to be right, which i fully understand.

SO, more than anything i want to know why it done this? and second of all what can i do about it? and how can we stop it happening in the future.... any advice is greatly appreciated
Just amazing what a ball ache plastering is at times. 2 cracks in a whole house of render and causing this much cost and stress. Feel for you mate, unfortunately no quick fixes usually in plastering and rendering
It sounds like you are in the s**t it's gone cost more to put it right . And the mess. If it was me I'd ask him if you refund his money could he live with it . Then move on mate. F. Ck the rendering.
I agree with this. Surely he can live with a couple of cracks in the render for say 50% of his money back? Especially is he's a mate. There's worse thing going on in the world than this lol

Exterior polyfilla , scratch with nail and permanent felt tip pens lol

Just amazing what a ball ache plastering is at times. 2 cracks in a whole house of render and causing this much cost and stress. Feel for you mate, unfortunately no quick fixes usually in plastering and rendering

I agree with this. Surely he can live with a couple of cracks in the render for say 50% of his money back? Especially is he's a mate. There's worse thing going on in the world than this lol

I disagree hes been handed a poor job that hasnt been specced up properly by people that really should have known what they were doing!

If he was my mate and I was in the wrong I would with a heavy heart offer and insist on taking it all back and rectify and follow a proper spec for the job.

I disagree hes been handed a poor job that hasnt been specced up properly by people that really should have known what they were doing!

If he was my mate and I was in the wrong I would with a heavy heart offer and insist on taking it all back and rectify and follow a proper spec for the job.
I am putting it right so no need to sound so righteous!! not like i started rendering onto cardboard or something, it seems that many people would have done the same as me, using hp12 and many wouldn't put it right either. I understand i was wrong, i put my hand up, and was looking for advice to put it right so i believe im doing the right thing

not bloody wrong, this is why im done with it, one little problem and its a very costly mistake. then people come along and say how perfect they are and that they have never done anything wrong lol and that we have bodged it etc, so makes him more annoyed! cant blame him, its his forever home, its a half million pound house nearly, he wants it right and thats fair enough, sods law i gave me a discounted price too.... so couldnt have happened to a worse job really.
appreciate the sympathy though, rather than just saying im wrong lol..... like someone aid, much bigger problems in the world so not gonna dwell on it too much, plus after this is done and dusted in whatever way i can concentrate on my build

Exterior polyfilla , scratch with nail and permanent felt tip pens lol
funny you say that, we done an EWI job once, then someone hit it with a digger.... went to look at the damage and he goes "bit of filler and paint aint it? no big deal dunno why the customers so annoyed" haha

know what you saying mate but he wants it right, and if ive done it wrong then i cant argue. if i had have used hpx for example i would prob stand my ground abit saying i cant help cracks but if the jobs done wrong i cant argue. i wouldnt leave a customer like it so certainly wouldnt do it to a mate, but will see how we rectify it from here, see how it hacks off etc

I am putting it right so no need to sound so righteous!! not like i started rendering onto cardboard or something, it seems that many people would have done the same as me, using hp12 and many wouldn't put it right either. I understand i was wrong, i put my hand up, and was looking for advice to put it right so i believe im doing the right thing

not bloody wrong, this is why im done with it, one little problem and its a very costly mistake. then people come along and say how perfect they are and that they have never done anything wrong lol and that we have bodged it etc, so makes him more annoyed! cant blame him, its his forever home, its a half million pound house nearly, he wants it right and thats fair enough, sods law i gave me a discounted price too.... so couldnt have happened to a worse job really.
appreciate the sympathy though, rather than just saying im wrong lol..... like someone aid, much bigger problems in the world so not gonna dwell on it too much, plus after this is done and dusted in whatever way i can concentrate on my build

If you read back through the post I commended you on how your dealing with this so not been righteous in the slightest.

My comment wad aimed at the person saying that someone should just be ok with the fact that said works had cracked which I disagreed with.

I appreciate it's an over site and we've all made mistakes along the way.

For what it's worth it never have touched any scratch renders over boards as I don't have any confidence in them I would only dare touch them with a silicone 1.5mm finish.

Hope all works out mate

If you read back through the post I commended you on how your dealing with this so not been righteous in the slightest.

My comment wad aimed at the person saying that someone should just be ok with the fact that said works had cracked which I disagreed with.

I appreciate it's an over site and we've all made mistakes along the way.

For what it's worth it never have touched any scratch renders over boards as I don't have any confidence in them I would only dare touch them with a silicone 1.5mm finish.

Hope all works out mate
fair play mate, wish i had read that before about tc15 on boards haha... oh well, like i said, plenty worse things in the world so life goes on, im there tomorrow so will see and update