Cracking suction

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredfriedrich

hi i am currently skimming some walls inside with multi-finish which seem to be sucking all the moisture out of the plaster making it extremely difficult/energetic to work with.

1. I have PVA'd the walls 1 coat?? is that enough??
2. I thistle bonded one first and it still sucked the life out of the plaster - and me. Am i applying the multi-finish too late??? Too early.??
(I have noticed this a few times with bonding it has sucked all the moisture out and i am now not keen on using it.)
3. I have noticed that the plaster has cracked why has this occurred, especially going on top of bonding.
4. What should i do about the cracks now? PVA over the top????

Danny mentioned Wickes bonding?????? in another message.
Please help i think my arm is going to fall off if i have to do that again on monday.

Ya need at least 2 coats of pva mixed at 5:1 with water, bonding plaster really does suck and dry multi quickly, so I generally give it a good 3rd splash of pva mix, then knock up mi plaster asap, always trowel over the bonded areas first if possible.
ya probably need to re-skim over the area thats crazed. Just finished reskimming a 24 foot lounge with 9 beads, that had areas with high suction, ya learning all the time. Happy days ;)

thistle bond it needs about 24 hours to cure wicks bonding agent you can go over in about 2-4 hours i belive.

what is the surface your skimming over is it a sand and cement surface maybe this will pull in very fast and cause it to crack.

if you use pva over a surface like that you want to put about 5 coats of pva a bonding agent would be better

You can also use water. Roll it on until it stops sucking in then let it go damp.
You have to judge it right cos if its still too dry it'll suck and if too much it'll blister.
Works for me tho.

soak it with water, then pva it twice, have used wickes bond it on an artexed ceiling since reading about it on this site, if it works as well on bonding you'll do ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.