Crack Stitching Kits - Helifix vs Permagard ?

Members online

roadiesean

Hi,
New to the forum, so g'day to you all, not sure if this is in the right section, but I am about to do a couple of cracked walls with one of these HeliBar crack stitching kits that come with the bars and resin. My question is that Helifix is over twice the cost of Permagard. I am all for saving money, but this is my house and I don't want it coming down !

Anyone got experience of both systems and can talk me through the differences (if there are any ! )

Many thanks
Sean

I've used permagard heli bar many times
....it does the same thing ..no problems at all
And also Twistfix....

I don't live far from Bristol so usually collect at trade counter

Cheap and effective way I find is steel bar cut up, spray with stain block, buy anchorset resin from toolstation or easy fix from screwfix and you're away.

I thought you said cross stitching for a moment!! Just a ball of yarn and needles and you be making socks in no time!

In fact since the price of resin has come down I've become addicted to it (not sniffing) if you need something to really stick, coat hooks in drywall etc or a board you know is going to crack then I use it, f**k**g mean stuff. Can buy extra nozzles for it, as one use per injection.

Not as good as beadtape though for fixing beads to a multitude of surfaces quickly, cleanly and easily.
Also in nice metallic silver finish. Its holy!

I used to do crack repairs for a firm in the 90s .they gave me this 2pack resin it stank .was messy and on the tub said hazadas with a big cross .used it once then put them in the skip . And beded them in with sand and cement. Got away with it for four years.