Crack ceiling

Members online

carys

Over skimmed my ceiling 7 years ago hell of hair line crack in it had a look at It it quite sound but it hard to say whith lime it can go any minute. do I remove and re board? Can't over board becouse of old coveing or do I fill the crack up and keep an eye on it? don't whant the mess. But I want it to be safe becouse of the kids. Has anybody seen a ceiling come down on some one? I whant a vote take down and re board or leave and fill keep a eye

Attachments

• IMG_20181112_140042.jpg
    IMG_20181112_140042.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20181112_140100.jpg
    IMG_20181112_140100.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 369
You’ll be fine, every tenement in Glasgow has them cracks on the ceilings. Only ones I’ve seen come down have been water damaged ones.

You’ll be fine, every tenement in Glasgow has them cracks on the ceilings. Only ones I’ve seen come down have been water damaged ones.
It quite sound when you push it. more of a structure crack than a hair line if you know what i mean. I am thinking of filling it in keeping a eye on it. It not going to cost much to re board and skim. But really don't whant the mess we all know how dusty lath and plaster can be

It quite sound when you push it. more of a structure crack than a hair line if you know what i mean. I am thinking of filling it in keeping a eye on it. It not going to cost much to re board and skim. But really don't whant the mess we all know how dusty lath and plaster can be
I had cracks in ceilings in my house when I bought it. Ripped all ceilings down and resheeted, some where double sheeted and the cracks came back in the exact same places. Mind boggling

Over skimmed my ceiling 7 years ago hell of hair line crack in it had a look at It it quite sound but it hard to say whith lime it can go any minute. do I remove and re board? Can't over board becouse of old coveing or do I fill the crack up and keep an eye on it? don't whant the mess. But I want it to be safe becouse of the kids. Has anybody seen a ceiling come down on some one? I whant a vote take down and re board or leave and fill keep a eye
I would not worry pal if its just that 1 straight crack seems to me that it is right on a joist so its movement causing your problem have you kids in house bouncing about over it could also be ahot pipe run along it

Every house on our street has a crack in same place as they sat breeze wall on joists up stairs