cpi general purpose through xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
Pumped cpi through the xl yesterday with a d42 on its last legs and worked fine until it eventually lost pressure and went all wet. No matter how much we tightened the bolts on the clamp it just wouldn't hold any more pressure. So today armed with a brand new d63 twister(no d42's in stock locally) we set up to spray. Now we've recently switched over to putting a little water in to cover top of rotor first on startup then bag of powder on top, then start machine. Worked lovelly and smooth yesterday, blocked straight away today. Also noticed that the machine would labour on startup after stopping as if it needed two jolts to get going.....never did this with the d42.

I don't think the machine quite has the grunt of the g4/5 as it definitely struggles where other machines wouldn't. think will have to exclusively use d42's with clamp from now on.

Anybody have issues pumping this gear with twisters?

Oh and we had a couple of blockages on startup towards the end of the pipe with the cpi where we haven't had any probs with monocouche..... ???

we used 10 pallets on a job the other day and had nothing but probs with every pallet, we tried d42 clamp and we tried d63 and had no end of probs, we were getting stones the size of ur thumb and had loads of blockages so we contacted cpi and they fed us crap about having a problem with batching i shown simply the size of stone we were getting. when the starwheel was it was like it was,nt mixed well

This is a very reasuring read .... I got 8 pallets I am starting to spray this morning. If all goes wrong cpi can go f**k themselves as I have had other issues with them also

no we set the water to 400 from 300 the previous day, of may have been 450 but was up higher than needed as we realised switching from one type of r&s was gonna alter all the settings anyway. The only thing that changed from one day to the next was the twister instead of the d42 clamp. Have used the d42 with no probs at all with parex and ecorend. the machine didn like the material together with the twister at all. Bad combo on the xl for sure. It seemed to stutter and jolt 2-3 times to get going on each startup at the gun. Never had any of this on the d42. We did have bad mortar hose blockages with both types of r&s though. The cpi seems to compact very easily which leads to problems with blockages which in turn screws up the material hopper with water coming up through the powder which leads to a full strip down which after 3 or 4 of these in a day means start kicking things and throwing a gilepy

thats my thumb! and i got a bag full of them like and bigger, it caused allsorts of probs and all cpi did was give me 4 free pallets.... like i want anymore

rich what rotor & stator are you using with the g4? how much hose and have you had any blockages.....if not do you prime with water? What secrets are you holding there fella ???

how long did it take to spray the cpi rich was it internall or external?..........how many bags is 3 tonne ???

yeah come on rich.......but in the meantime the 3 pallets i had delivered were 3.75 tonnes making each 1.25 tonnes so 50 25kg bags per pallet. Bout £3.50 per bag delivered

yeah that would fit in with a bit of compaction in the hose etc but no tis just a normal gun simpo dude

tried wpp when first started but you know.....ran out and had to do it with just water etc and kind of stuck to the easy way but yeah am gonna pour that gunk in next spray for sure

It took us 4 hours to spray but was a full day including set up and cleaning down afterwards.

15m of hose but 25m tomorrow
outside but over old stone walls
water set at 420 and 12mm cap
primed as usual

We put a piece of riblath over the hopper to see if we had any biggish stones like Naz but nothing like it,,, all went very well with no blockages etc

rich 4 hours....did the machine labour at all on startup after a lengthy stop etc....is it a d63 twister your using?

yeah it took 4 hours to spray but thats not constant spraying its spraying a bit ... ruling off etc. If the scaffold and the panels were easier it would have been a damn site quicker.

I would say the longest we stopped between sprays was 20 mins, you could hear the genny dip for a second but then up to full steam no problems and yeah its a d - 63 twister goody.

How are you getting on with your genny now then ???

had a duff one to start but got a replacement which is beauty. they come with the bigger engine now as standard. Hmm my xl don't like the d63 cpi combo much. Noticed a real difference with it struggling over the softer and less tight d42 clamp set to 12 bars instead of the harder rubber 20 bar ish d63.

We were spraying at 20 bar today up 5 lifts of scaffolding and not a single hitch.

I have noticed this cpi is wearing the mixing shaft fast though

the cpi is propper dense compared to modified basecoats which are fluffier. Guess the g4 is a workhorse with bombproof dependability that just gets on with it......lot to be said bout that

thinking about it da it would be worth checking your water pump, maybe that was why you were experiencing the problems

have bought the male 230v plug for it instead of that two pin shaver type thing which isn't the tightest of fits and plugs in upwards under the control box. Water caught us out with the machine not working in forwards. thanks for clearing that one up. Still though, the blockages and struggling startups were not good. I just think the xl prefers softer r&s even in 3 phase. Maybe such a long mixing shaft isn't as rigid as a shorter one on say a g4/5 and thus twists slightly or flexes losing jolting power from the motor?? something like that anyway

i hope the xl cant hear you talking about her, she aint got a swinging brick for a hart mind. go give her some clean hay to sleep in

Status
Not open for further replies.