cpi euromix ocr

Status
Not open for further replies.
what one do you mean ocr or general mate both are good but i prefer weber for rubbed up sand and cement

do you need to prep wall with anything when using cpi genaral purpose render or does it bond well to old brick work if i wash it down and cut with grinder cheers

it can be sprayed but you need at least a 17kva genny your ritmo is 240v nick should handle it

do you need to prep old brickwork with anything rend aid etc or just wash and get the grinder on them

general purpose render should be treated just like sand and cement james its only factory blended to take out mistakes in gauging which is where people go wrong with render weber puc dont know this product nick what is it

looking at it i dont see why it cannot spec bit over top though rendaid then puc then pral?

grand wizard said:
looking at it i dont see why it cannot spec bit over top though rendaid then puc then pral?

thats what i thought. its an existing block of flats. they want the top section done in white. spoke to weber and explained what it was and that is what they suggested. they always seem to be a bit over he top tho.

had a little krend wall to do over existing brickwork and they wanted hpx, mesh, fixings, algie wash and loads of crap.

just to cut in guys but i'm just about finished on a job where an old shop and bungalow was converted to 6 flats and we've used microgobetis on the old facebrick then 15mm monorex on top. I'ts controlled the suction a treat and gives a medium sandpaper-like key for the render to hold on to. I remember doing a job with the same sort of brick with no prep and it pulled in before you could spat it and some areas ghosted too...this one is a nice dark colour all over with even suction so it's made a massive difference. People go way ott on specs ey

they are covering there arse because they have now found out there render is not the all singing and dancing product it was advertised as just like sand and cement

That's why you really can't ignore the benefits of acrylic top coat , it really is a versatile and robust render top coat and the more vivid the colour the more pleasing the effect imo.

McPlaster said:
That's why you really can't ignore the benefits of acrylic top coat , it really is a versatile and robust render top coat and the more vivid the colour the more pleasing the effect imo.

i like acrylic but find no1 want to pay for it

grand wizard said:
they are covering there arse because they have now found out there render is not the all singing and dancing product it was advertised as just like sand and cement
I suspect you are right pal I just never said it before but I have many reservations over many modern products.
I have a spec for wall conditioner wich is basically a primer/sealer then the re profiling/backing mortar then the finish. this is for brickwork or painted surfaces, and sounds the same spec as the parex method also been told by krend for brickwork to sbr the wall 4.1 with water and then hp12 then ft. then i also heard about the mesh with fixings so i recon its still an open book this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.