Coving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah don't do it cus it looks F*****g terrible. I had to do it a couple of weeks back and it was shite

I agree with the man above, unless you mean how do you end the cove into the fall of the sloping ceiling, in which case you need to measure top and bottom from the last piece, invert it in the mitre box and cut vertically down on the two pencil marks. It works great when I do it, but then again I am an expert cove installer.

As above..avoid.

Beddy, what did you do on the angle where sloping ceiling meets wall. It's like a 120 degree corner and the coving is 90?

As tony says, its do able I just think it looks shite. On the one I did there was a door 1 side at the lower end and it was flush with the ceiling. the old coving feathered down into nothing above it and the woman asked if I could do it like that again. I refused and said it looked s**t and amateurish, did it how I wanted with a return mitre to the side of the door and she much prefered it

So how did you handle the length where the low part of the slope meets the wall?

The angle is way more than 90 degrees and the coving doesnt sit right. Did you just have a massive fillet of adhesive?

I cut the angle free hand, just as I do around a bay window. It'll never fit perfectly as you say the angles don't fit. You just need to be good at filling and blending. I'm good at neither

LOL I've done a s**t drawing to explain what i mean.

s**t coving drawing 2.jpg

Last edited:
Luckily the angle wasn't very steep. If it was too much of an incline I don't think itd be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.