coving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to see it, but most builders don't use it anymore. All these pretentious TV DIY programmes that push the 'contemporary' look have put paid to it.

steve cov said:
it a depends how the room is decorated and what colours are used
ill also add 'it depends who puts the stuff up in the first place and whether its made of polystyrene or plaster..." ;D

personally I prefer a nice flat white ceiling, white cove (well installed, no visible joints, nice externals etc) and a good 'wife picked' (mushroom, stone, even red all that bollox) strong colour on the walls...

Chris W said:
steve cov said:
it a depends how the room is decorated and what colours are used
ill also add 'it depends who puts the stuff up in the first place and whether its made of polystyrene or plaster..." ;D

personally I prefer a nice flat white ceiling, white cove (well installed, no visible joints, nice externals etc) and a good 'wife picked' (mushroom, stone, even red all that bo - locks) strong colour on the walls...

yeah your right mate. nothing worse on coving than dodgy corners and obvious joints. BG is alot easier to mitre and scribe than lafarge. the paper on that stuffs shi.t

yeh but back to the question. If it was installed amazingly perfect with or without. Whats the thought on coving , modern or dated,

ask anyone thats ever spent a night in the cells and theyll tell you its all the rage mate... they even put it on the floorline! ;D

you didnt read my first post mate. it all depends how its decorated and finished. if its decorated modern style then it will look modern. if its in some old womans spare room then its gonna look dated

soz you did say that. reason I was askin is coz I was gonna do my livin room but the Mrs hates it but I like it so was just gettin a feel of what people thought, modern or .....
And before you say it Ste our house is decorated modern ....ish.

well, I hope the missus doesnt read this thread....

'look, i told you I hated it and off you went, slagging me off to all your mates, you never listen to a word I say, I'm leaving you for nisus'

moot point mate, just do what she wants and you get to pick the next car.. ;D

Bruce Willis said:
soz you did say that. reason I was askin is coz I was gonna do my livin room but the Mrs hates it but I like it so was just gettin a feel of what people thought, modern or .....

it'll look great then...with your poly tiles on the ceiling.... ::)

Chris W said:
well, I hope the missus doesnt read this thread....

'look, i told you I hated it and off you went, slagging me off to all your mates, you never listen to a word I say, I'm leaving you for nisus'

moot point mate, just do what she wants and you get to pick the next car.. ;D
at this rate all Ill be allowed to pick will be a skateboard :mad:

steve cov said:
Bruce Willis said:

it'll look great then...with your poly tiles on the ceiling.... ::)
how did you know that :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D

how about if you offered to paint it in pink polka dots? really grroooooovvy man ;D
or you copuld just paint lots of little arrows on it showing the way to the bog when youre kaylied?

Bruce Willis said:

get some nice fibrous stuff,miles better ;)

i think you should go for a nice "basket and roses" artex pattern on the ceiling to go with your coving.

Pug said:
i think you should go for a nice "basket and roses" artex pattern on the ceiling to go with your coving.
with a nice panel moulding running around ceiling edge approx 12" in from cove with a light stipple pattern :p then it would be basildon/benfleet possibly even southend style [true from the mid 80s] gofherit :)

tex it all said:
Pug said:
with a nice panel moulding running around ceiling edge approx 12" in from cove with a light stipple pattern :p then it would be basildon/benfleet possibly even southend style [true from the mid 80s] gofherit :)

a true artex master! what dan are you tex? ;D

its all down to taste , justb like every job your asked to quote for. if you lie it in yours its great,we're all different . do it right and it looks brill. make an a**** of it . its a shambles

no theres no artex revival in norfolk [or anywhere else i doubt]just now and again some one will have a ceiling done ,all iam mainly doing flatterning it of :-\ seem to be fixing up more cove for younger clients now ,where as all they used to want was straight angles .

Status
Not open for further replies.