Coving question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha you really do think your better than everyone else don't you ? Its standard coving you clown.

Don't think that , but j do have 36 years experience and I know the right way and the wrong way , sorry you don't appreciate my opinion but as it's a forum I just try to give advice to others . Obviously you know best
To call someone a clown on a forum you must be really tough
I am scared

Irish Fine Art Plasterwork

why are the fiborous fraternity so hormonal..........................:RpS_sleep:

Get a length of 5" cove lay it out on the customers garden & soak it with a hose, leave 20mins & soak again, leave 10 mins then hang the length gently over customers car to let gravity bend the length.
then once it's bent to how you want it let the sun dry it out & then 1-2hours later stick it up as normal.
:RpS_cool:

Standard cove just bend it not right but then again standard coving is **** anyway.

Tell.her to buy the real stuff the tight arse

Don't think that , but j do have 36 years experience and I know the right way and the wrong way , sorry you don't appreciate my opinion but as it's a forum I just try to give advice to others . Obviously you know best
To call someone a clown on a forum you must be really tough
I am scared

Irish Fine Art Plasterwork

Yes you do mate thats the whole point, because up until your patronizing post of "Are You serious" you hadn't actually contributed with anything constructive towards the subject, so you wernt giving advice you were being cocky.

There is no right and wrong way mate just other ways, some of which are easier and less long winded, as said it is just standard coving, and for all you know the OP may not be set up for doing your fancy stuff.

I called you a clown because thats how you put yourself across, no ones trying to be tough. you might be better off in the fibrous section where you can use your 36 years experience to advise people on what you think your so good at.

another two very informative posts by puddove, I think they will piss the job now mate, keep the advice coming..lmao... by the way .. how would you do it ??

hi Cassie - it all depends on the radius of the curve, what type of coving (gyproc coving, plain fibrous or enriched ), and the skill of the plasterer

* take template, construct direct running mould set up running rules and run in-situ

* take template, construct reverse mould, set up a gig stick to correct radius, run reverse , shellac and grease, cast from reverse , cut to length and fix in position and stop up

I will try and upload photos of both the above methods :RpS_thumbup:

Standard cove is ready made :RpS_thumbup: so it's quickerer & betterer than that make your own stuff = #rubbish :)

Plus everyone forgot about fibrous for the last 2000 years until Ryan came along banging on about it all the time
& now every fcukers doing it :rolleyes)

Last edited:
I would just cut small sections of poly cove and fill in the gaps with dab and then sand it all down...you fibourous fannys over think everything

best answer yet coving is so 90s

as long as the end product pays your bills, take you for a few pints, or takes you on holiday does it matter if its so 90s - but its up to the customers who pay £££££££££££:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.