Coving prices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down here in sunny Bournemouth the going rate for decent spreads is about £150 a day - Should I be charging that sort of money just for coving or should I drop my price a little - I only asked cos I mentioned to a fellow plasterer that I was going to charge £130 ( a morning's work plus mats) for 2 small rooms and he told me that was too dear ??

if the customer is happy to pay it then its not to dear.
i agree totally...i love coving, i charge 80 - 100 per room on average (supply and fix)..the reason i can charge so much is cos people dont have the confidence or the skills to do it themselves so what you got to think is 'what is it worth to the customer?'
a solicitor can charge 100 quid an hour, simple reason being that they know the job..end of, you can always represent yourself in court if you like but the chances are youre goin to jail...

another quick point i'd like to make is people expecting discounts for quantity of work...i dont mind OFFERING a small discount on a big job to GET the work...thats my perogative but when people EXPECT it..different story...you wouldnt go down the chippy on a friday for 10 fish and chips and expect to get em with a 10 percent discount would you??

another quick point i'd like to make is people expecting discounts for quantity of work...i dont mind OFFERING a small discount on a big job to GET the work...thats my perogative but when people EXPECT it..different story...you wouldnt go down the chippy on a friday for 10 fish and chips and expect to get em with a 10 percent discount would you??
:-[.....have you been spying on me?

the guy in the corner shop just up the road gives me discount, if i buy 2 bottles of red wine.
i agree with segs on that one, i drop the price a bit if theres a few rooms.

the guy in the corner shop just up the road gives me discount, if i buy 2 bottles of red wine.
i agree with segs on that one, i drop the price a bit if theres a few rooms.
only 2 bottles?? ure just modest ;D

hi there, I am a plasterer/cover

so I can tell you what a good cover is expected to do in a day on new houses and normal hights

this is to put the st forward 5 inch gyprock or knauf cove up on new work

labour only around 100m a day this is for new build site work at @ prices around £1.50 per meter, so this covers a good days pay paying @£150 per day

if you are working on Social housing its a different ball game, furniture to move wallpaper to strip and to seal walls therefore it is imposible to say what a fair days work is

not to mention going to quote the job, obtaining the materials, only having 2 rooms to do before you have to clean up, get paid and f'ck off thereby killing best part of a day..site is a world away from domestic...always will be...

Status
Not open for further replies.