Coving onto Tiles

Members online

Arti

Got a bathroom to cove 127 which is all tiled. Not sure easy fill will get a good hold on the tiles and can't pin the cove to keep it up. I can screw the top obviously @malc mentioned using tile addy for cornice so is this the gear I need for the tiles?

Thanks in advance
Love
Arti xxxxx

Got a bathroom to cove 127 which is all tiled. Not sure easy fill will get a good hold on the tiles and can't pin the cove to keep it up. I can screw the top obviously @malc mentioned using tile addy for cornice so is this the gear I need for the tiles?

Thanks in advance
Love
Arti xxxxx

Use the paper faced light weight paper cove called super cove looks100% like gyprock but no weight to worry about!

Either way it's guna look s**t in a bathroom imo!

Use the paper faced light weight paper cove called super cove looks100% like gyprock but no weight to worry about!

Either way it's guna look s**t in a bathroom imo!

i love to use the lightweight cove but it is only about 105mm. Arties cove is the 127mm, which i remember correct is the gyproc cornice.
i would just give the tiles and the ceiling a coat of PVA and use gyproc cove adhesive.

Thanks in advance
Love
Arti xxxxx
Na ,what you need is to get the tiles to accept the adhesive. Cut a small piece of cove , mark all round the area using that piece it as a template. Pencil it. Masking tape below it, prime the area above pencil line with Zinsser oil based primer, goes of in an hour,if you want it bullet proof then coat again with pink grit. remove tape. Fit coving using the spaces between tiles ( the grout ) as pin points for clouts. Tile adhesive is belt and braces too. Hope that helps

Na ,what you need is to get the tiles to accept the adhesive. Cut a small piece of cove , mark all round the area using that piece it as a template. Pencil it. Masking tape below it, prime the area above pencil line with Zinsser oil based primer, goes of in an hour,if you want it bullet proof then coat again with pink grit. remove tape. Fit coving using the spaces between tiles ( the grout ) as pin points for clouts. Tile adhesive is belt and braces too. Hope that helps
Nice one Gavin.

Sorry gavin.
I have knocked off loads of tiles where there were other tiles underneath with nothing but tile adhesive between the two.

Thanks in advance
Love
Arti xxxxx

could blue grit the tiles first?...give something for the adhesive to key to.

although not done it myself,you can actually skim over tiles after application of grit anyway so in theory it should work.

Cove adhesive won't stick to tiles or paint (had it fail before).

However providing its got a good grip on the ceiling (not painted) and a few screws it's not going anywhere.. Maybe stick bottom edge with caulk on pink grip as suggested, that'll be plenty.

Obviously over kill would be to mask up and SBR slurry the top 80mm of tiles or just tile adhesive, most tile addys have no problem sticking to tiles.

Exactly mate! Simple really ain’t it.
Never read so much faffing about nonsense, some have even said pva the tiles first ffs! pfft!!!!
giphy (40).gif

Cove adhesive won't stick to tiles or paint (had it fail before).

However providing its got a good grip on the ceiling (not painted) and a few screws it's not going anywhere.. Maybe stick bottom edge with caulk on pink grip as suggested, that'll be plenty.

Obviously over kill would be to mask up and SBR slurry the top 80mm of tiles or just tile adhesive, most tile addys have no problem sticking to tiles.
Have done some plaster cornice and the adhesive they supplied for that I'm sure was tile adhesive
Had that tile adhesive smell anyway

Thanks in advance
Love
Arti xxxxx
Mate ooo the duck has coving in the bathroom