Coving barrelled ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To create light wells or whatever ya want to call them i have fitted coving and and fibrous cornice to walls below curves or barrels by fitting a made for purpose arras rail to the wall first and then fix the coving/cornice with screws through the mould and into the arras and then fill the screw heads.

To create light wells or whatever ya want to call them i have fitted coving and and fibrous cornice to walls below curves or barrels by fitting a made for purpose arras rail to the wall first and then fix the coving/cornice with screws through the mould and into the arras and then fill the screw heads.

(Cue the head scratching) arras rails wtf are they like?

sounds like a lot a fckin about either way, could you educate me please raggles :RpS_thumbsup:

(Cue the head scratching) arras rails wtf are they like?

sounds like a lot a fckin about either way, could you educate me please raggles :RpS_thumbsup:

Basically an arras rail is one half of a piece of 2x2 which has been cut in half on the diagonal ie 45 deg :RpS_thumbup:

Spanky you cowboy anything can be done its called experience ! Check ebay out to buy some you chancer!

Spanky you cowboy anything can be done its called experience ! Check ebay out to buy some you chancer!

Bograt how do! Yeah everything can be done but as with everything at what cost, this house is not one I would put cornice in, the client has coving in some of the rooms just standard gyproc cove, when I went to price it was a reskim and they asked if I would cove it as well but knowing the curved ceiling I have never coved a curved ceiling hence my question..

Gonna win the league I supposed Kopites are gobshites kinda proves the point hey :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.