Coving Advice

Members online

technomorph

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for the installing coving around a ceiling protrusion - see images. What I'd ideally like to do is cut the coving somehow to follow the edge of the box and then continue round. I've been faffing about for a while, but am starting to think it's not possible. I'm using standard 127mm c profile Gyproc coving.

Other options are to just butt up against the box, and live with an overlap, or maybe just finish with a stop end.

20170702_211611.jpg 20170702_211720.jpg 20170702_211725.jpg

Cheers

You won't get the coving to follow all way around. You need to put a return going into the corner then start with a return on lower bit unless someone has a better ideal. Personally I wouldn't cove it as it'll look sh it.

You won't get the coving to follow all way around. You need to put a return going into the corner then start with a return on lower bit unless someone has a better ideal. Personally I wouldn't cove it as it'll look sh it.
Wouldn't bother coving either

I personally would leave the coving off :D

I hate coving unless it is in houses with big high ceilings :D

Is it just me as I don't see what's difficult about this?

2 options

1) A return as per above

2) Just notch out the top of the length of coving and continue into internal

Personally I don't think either will look very good though!

O

Lower the bulk head ceiling to take the coving right round, then cove the bulk head with the two stop ends. Unless there's something stopping you lowering it. Failing that, saw it in half and throw it in the skip because it's dog s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that calls for those short polystyrene lengths of cove......they make an an already pooh job look really, really shite......
All a question of taste....

Now that calls for those short polystyrene lengths of cove......they make an an already pooh job look really, really shite......
All a question of taste....

i saw a polystyrene cornice this week for the first time. the woman had purchased it on the internet at a cheap price.

83mm down the walls 83mm across the ceilings 83mm from the face of the bulk head 83mm off the wall the cove is now on to the face of the drop. The short lines are your mitre points, you'll need a sharp pencil a sharp fine tooth saw and a dollop of patience. That 50-60 mm rip or so is going to be a swine to cut free hand.

In mine to I'm just offering solutions, I'm not a fan of coving unless it fibrous. Time warp tackle is that plasterboard stuff.

3 pieces. Offer up straight cut pieces. Bisect the angles and cut accordingly. Piece of piss

so a vertical bit... cant decide if that would look good (well as good as shite coving looks)

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for the installing coving around a ceiling protrusion - see images. What I'd ideally like to do is cut the coving somehow to follow the edge of the box and then continue round. I've been faffing about for a while, but am starting to think it's not possible. I'm using standard 127mm c profile Gyproc coving.

Other options are to just butt up against the box, and live with an overlap, or maybe just finish with a stop end.

View attachment 18582 View attachment 18583 View attachment 18584

Cheers

You have girly fingers.

Hope this helps.