Covering Poor Render

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballbag

I've done some sand and cement external, it's been painted but now I'm not happy with a couple of areas when the sunlight shines across it (looks uneven), is there any product I can use or anything I can do without removing it all and starting again? ie Parex renovating etc??

Thanks.

I think you will find the sun is an evil mistress that shows up any slight imperfection on ANYBODIES work no matter how "perfect" it looks normally. There was a thread on here not too long back from one of the Irish lads on about the same problem. Most of the time the render looks the dogs but at a certain time of day when the sun hits a certain spot? It looks awful !! Don't worry about it and save your cash, if it still bothers you!?? Get drunk and swear at the wall!?? :RpS_laugh:

Haha yeah sunlight is a killer! The site is really high up with nothing to shade the walls, some area look a bit shadowy. I'm still interested in people's opinions

If after 20 mins it looks ok then don,t worry,I,ve seen brick work that looks as through you could climb up it at certain times of the day.

It's a thick masonry paint and you can apply it with a shaggy or patterned roller to create a texture I believe.

Might take the eye off the moonscape. :RpS_biggrin:

Face it ball bag nothing's gonna change it mate,it's nothing you've done wrong,don't forget plastering is not flattened by a machine it's all free hand,it is what it is

I see I will check it out! How you ever used it? Thanks for the feedback

Used a very similar product last month virtually the same. I asked on here for advice on rollers.

Look up Flexirend High Build on Webers web pages.Sticky stuff so mask up everything.

Just get drunk like i have and swear at the walls!! And evrrything else!!@ Hic !! Your my best mate you are lad hic !! Barstuards all of yas!@ aarrgghhh!!!!

Was the finished product decent?

Yes. even thickness of the material is important so that you get an even texture. Preferably get a colour as near to the paint as where you brush the border you might get the background grin through being tight.

What technique did you use the apply and finish product? Does it look like sand and cement finish? Thanks again

IMG-20140127-WA0009.jpg

Leave an email address or mobile for prices, you won't get sensible pricing on an open forum, where is the work ,which area etc

Status
Not open for further replies.