Covering granite

Members online

solway

Hi all.
We have to Tyrolean a big fancy house in the new year and there's granite bands around windows and doors,granite bands all around the house half way up on each elevation and granite plinth.
Is there any sticky cling film on the market to cover all these (or some other product). They are extremely porous and will be spraying the Tyrolean from a hopper and compressor.

Hi all.
We have to Tyrolean a big fancy house in the new year and there's granite bands around windows and doors,granite bands all around the house half way up on each elevation and granite plinth.
Is there any sticky cling film on the market to cover all these (or some other product). They are extremely porous and will be spraying the Tyrolean from a hopper and compressor.

oh christ.... @Rigsby :D

I use American duck tape from R&J. But because of the moisture in the air it or anything else will be difficult to make stick. I would warm up with a hot air stripper or at least a hair dryer. Go over the tape once on to well melt the gum.

I’d give the marble a blast of a sealer such as paraguard, (it dries transparent, but just do a little sample patch first)then some non marking duct tape as mentioned, there’s some you can get moisture resistant that will stay in place.
It’s common problem in my part of the world as a lot of houses we render have York stone heads, mullians etc.