Covering downpipes for tyrolean

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Im after some tips on what to use for covering up some old cast iron downpipes on a tyrolean job. I was hoping the customer was gonna be replacing them but unfortunately not so im after a product that wont leave any sticky residue when i peel it off after the job.......Cheers.......:RpS_thumbup:

Newspaper & masking tape :RpS_thumbup:

The masking tape wont stick on the paint lee. I used that all weather tape last time and when i peeled it off it left loads of residue.........:RpS_cursing:

you can buy polythene temporary downpipe get a roll roll out to length then slit it with a knife and wrap round and use cloth tape to secure

Buy a roll of thin poly for about a tenner. Cut a foot off the top. Its 4metres long so it'll rap round it and tape it to itself if you know what I mean.

The masking tape wont stick on the paint lee. I used that all weather tape last time and when i peeled it off it left loads of residue.........:RpS_cursing:

I meant tape it onto the paper when wrapped around tight mate.
Start at bottom & work upwards no need to tape it to paint, a daily sport & a quarter of the daily star should do it mate :RpS_thumbup:

Im after some tips on what to use for covering up some old cast iron downpipes on a tyrolean job. I was hoping the customer was gonna be replacing them but unfortunately not so im after a product that wont leave any sticky residue when i peel it off after the job.......Cheers.......:RpS_thumbup:
get a length of plastic pipe, cut it in half down the length, then put the two halfs round your cast pipe and tape together, if that makes sense:RpS_thumbup:

I meant tape it onto the paper when wrapped around tight mate.
Start at bottom & work upwards no need to tape it to paint, a daily sport & a quarter of the daily star should do it mate :RpS_thumbup:

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh now i get ya marra.....:RpS_thumbup: thinking the financial times should cover more though as im an avid reader........:RpS_unsure:

get a length of plastic pipe, cut it in half down the length, then put the two halfs round your cast pipe and tape together, if that makes sense:RpS_thumbup:

Thinking outside the box ( or pipe) i like your vision Fatarm.........:RpS_thumbup:

Polys yer best option. By the time you've ****** about cutting a pipe down, you'll have it wrapped in poly. Plus you can use the rest of the roll for covering windows doors etc

just take the pipes down and weigh them in and when the owners come back just tell them you went for dinner and on ya way back you saw some pikey bastarrds running down the road with it

Polys yer best option. By the time you've ****** about cutting a pipe down, you'll have it wrapped in poly. Plus you can use the rest of the roll for covering windows doors etc
Yeh cause running down two sides of a pipe with a small disc cutter will take oh bout 4-5 mins? And once you have used them on one job u can keep them and use them again and again without the time consuming job of cuttin them again!!:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.