Cove adhesive

Members online

Feck this

Anyone used cove adhesive in cartridge form. Got some s type cornice to stick up.
Thinking about giving it a go. More expensive but surely cleaner quicker and I'm thinking probably stronger and more flexible.

Also I was gonna use mitre block to cut angles. I have got a triangler mitre tool but they don't sit right on s shape.
Done some s type years ago and came out spot on just forgot how I cut them.
Cheers

Mitre block . And use knauf board adhesive. And why would you need to sand anything? Scrape off excess adhesive and sponge off with clean water .

Mitre block . And use knauf board adhesive. And why would you need to sand anything? Scrape off excess adhesive and sponge off with clean water .

Attachments

• 6D6C00E3-B2A9-4D9D-80CD-CD3B71FBF355.jpeg
    6D6C00E3-B2A9-4D9D-80CD-CD3B71FBF355.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 273
I have used cove adhesive and artex before. Just wondering if any one tried using the cartridge stuff.
Guess I'm trying to be lazy, which normally causes more work in long run. Just had enough of this house 2.5 yrs on full refurb and 4 extensions. Should have got some help. Then maybe I would have enough steam left in me to complete finishings.

I have used cove adhesive and artex before. Just wondering if any one tried using the cartridge stuff.
Guess I'm trying to be lazy, which normally causes more work in long run. Just had enough of this house 2.5 yrs on full refurb and 4 extensions. Should have got some help. Then maybe I would have enough steam left in me to complete finishings.

One foot in front of the other when it gets a bit overwhelming mate. Any progress is progress...stay focused.

Nice. I take it that's timber moulding. Can't make out wall moulding. Is it a bit of D moulding or single.
Might have to give that a go in next house.
the wall moulding was BQ stuff its thick at top slightly curves away to a thin bottom and has a printed pattern on it like it has been put on with roller in a press machine/top is a standard astragal thee quarter inch wide

Buy 100 plastic box for s shape and and find something 8mm to pack the bottom so cove sits correctly. So the base is 92mm but stands 82mm high in block if correctly packed with 8mm packer. Size is written on the back of coving anyway but I think I'm right... I use block like picture and powdered cove adhesive plus always dab Pva or something on cut edges so it done shrink or crack. I always put adhesive in joints so it oozes out. Last lot of cove adhesive was from wickes but hard to find it, but any fast set works like easyfill 20. Also blocks on net for coving that are adjustable. I'll go look later for links

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Buy 100 plastic box for s shape and and find something 8mm to pack the bottom so cove sits correctly. So the base is 92mm but stands 82mm high in block if correctly packed with 8mm packer. Size is written on the back of coving anyway but I think I'm right... I use block like picture and powdered cove adhesive plus always dab Pva or something on cut edges so it done shrink or crack. I always put adhesive in joints so it oozes out. Last lot of cove adhesive was from wickes but hard to find it, but any fast set works like easyfill 20. Also blocks on net for coving that are adjustable. I'll go look later for links

s-l400.jpg
at last somebody that knows the score/I make my own boxes 10 minuteswork

Magic mitre will do all 3 Gyproc coves Inc the s shape
3_60398_magic_mitre.jpg

Victorian block £24 is adjustable
Here
adjustable_mitre_box.jpg

And many more types and sizes.. No need to struggle
Magic mitre looks like the tool to get. Looks as if it will cut most angles.
Cheers.
A purchase for the future.