Cove 100

Members online

Not so keen myself but still do plenty, give the people what they want and plenty of youngsters ask for it too.

SAM_3251.JPG
SAM_3247.JPG
jj
SAM_3248.JPG

I take your point that coving can (sometimes) look naff, but... with absolutely nothing, a room can look so painfully bland - like living in a cornflake box.
A crisp angle over standard gyproc coving any day.i walk in and see coving it screams tatt and I cant afford the real McCoy.either have the real McCoy or have a nice crisp angle

A crisp angle over standard gyproc coving any day.i walk in and see coving it screams tatt and I cant afford the real McCoy.either have the real McCoy or have a nice crisp angle
Do you like McCoys? Tried the Mexican chilli? Well tasty with a crisp lager

Plenty people still want it where i am,their is a estate not far from me where built in 70s they have a timber wall plate and all the angles in these houses are badly cracked. Thats just an example. By the way ritch the post was the price increase of coving not about if you like it. If a customer wants it ,do you talk them out of getting it.. usual post that ends up going off topic.

I'm not keen on coving I think it's had its day personally makes a room look tacky, but the cornice and stuff @The Hobo does is awesome but that being said I think should only be applied to older houses victorian style where the rooms are higher than your average house

Depends on the house , match the rest , ceiling height , got caught early in my rodeo years overskim a house with all tricks to straighten out the ceiling lines only for customer to say when finished " do you know anyone who does coving " :frenetico:

normal every day houses dont have tall enough ceilings for coving...

That might be because modern-day 'normal everday houses' are a fkn disgrace and only barely fit for purpose.

'Throw it up as quickly and cheaply as possible and don't give a fk if it lasts longer than 10years'

Builders from 100years ago must be turning in their graves at what passes for house-building these days....

Rant over :aburrido:

That might be because modern-day 'normal everday houses' are a fkn disgrace and only barely fit for purpose.

'Throw it up as quickly and cheaply as possible and don't give a fk if it lasts longer than 10years'

Builders from 100years ago must be turning in their graves at what passes for house-building these days....

Rant over :aburrido:
I think they would actually be laughing "we used to do that years ago"". Jerry building was going on well before Jerry bombing etc. I've seen a fair number of original Victorian horrors, 1/2 gable walls not tied to the rest, loose gravel to fill chimney voids, dodgy bricks mortared in face out.
Only difference seems to be wether now it'll last the 10 years Housing Guarantee - of course builders routinely close down the shell Ltd company so that there is no comeback - Grenfell Hs fr'instance.

I think they would actually be laughing "we used to do that years ago"". Jerry building was going on well before Jerry bombing etc. I've seen a fair number of original Victorian horrors, 1/2 gable walls not tied to the rest, loose gravel to fill chimney voids, dodgy bricks mortared in face out.
Only difference seems to be wether now it'll last the 10 years Housing Guarantee - of course builders routinely close down the shell Ltd company so that there is no comeback - Grenfell Hs fr'instance.

Point taken, but I still feel that modern house building is a fkn travesty. In 30yrs time, we'll be looking back in disbelief that an entire generation of first-time buyers were conned so blatantly, and that the big house builders were allowed to get away with it.