Court preceedings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

heafy

Right lads, I've had a construction company owe me just under£3000 now for 12 months. I've phoned/ emailed them asking for the money but still no outcome. I'm gonna take to court to try and get me money off em, I've been told to add interest onto the amount they owe me but not sure if there's a set interest rate you charge them. Has any of you ever been to court to get the money owed to u??

Doesn't matter. It will depend on how you went about the quotation, contract and invoice. Get it wrong and it come be down to hear say that you are owed £3000.00.

I would get legal advice first or it could be a waste of time.

I spoke to a builder yesterday who got took for 22k by a 78 year old. He did everything on a verbal agreement and she has said she asked for Welsh slate not Spanish so until he does it all again he aint getting a penny.

He gave the choice of Welsh and Spanish and she chose Spanish because of the price. His word against hers and his solicitor has said he stands no chance in court.

Builder considering killing himself he was that upset.

Id take the slate off, seeing as legally it still belongs to the builder as its not paid for yet..

give richard brown a call. he had the same trouble with some geezer who bumped him for a fair bit of cash........ dont think he got the money back but the bloke who owed him is now dead........ hope this helps......:RpS_thumbsup:

Hi.

Small Claims Court if there is one nearby go along and ask about interest otherwise do a search on Google.

In court simply telling the truth provides an air of credibility whereas the wrong doer is often reduced to lying in such a way that they ar not believed. Importantly a decision is based on the 'balance of probabilities' so that your word against theirs means something if what you say seems probable and theirs unlikely. Don't be afraid of conceding some points you don't have to be infallible to win.

Make sure the dependent is able to pay

Best of luck

This company owes me just over £1k in patching where they just cudnt make there minds up over silly little things like moving about 100 down lights over about 10mm and all that shizzle. I have got a couple of pics of some ov the patching done but not all and also wrote every patch down on 4 pieces of A4 paper which goes to show how much there was. So hopefully these will help towards my claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.