Couple of Acrylic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzplasterer

If going over OCR with 1.5mm Acrylic can you get away with minor blemishes in the render? or do they show through?

How long before it can get wet? and what happens if rain hits it early can it be rectified?

If going over OCR with 1.5mm Acrylic can you get away with minor blemishes in the render? or do they show through?

How long before it can get wet? and what happens if rain hits it early can it be rectified?

Sorry to say adcar sounds like you already knew the answer before you posed the question !and if you didnt stay clear of it !ive got limited experience on acrylic and I knew!

Yea I did kind of know...what I meant is no probs getting it flat but for example if I've had to sponge out a hairline crack next day in OCR and it goes a bit grainy will it show through?

OCR is good to use its simple make it flat and smooth. Any render shows up hand work when the sun is on it.

Acrylic will need a good day In this temp before any rain. If its cold then you need a few days. Weber sil texture is slow setting and I have had wash off after 4days in the colder months so be careful.

Plan acrylic very wisely in this country. Its summer work and a 2day window with warm temps is always best.

Patching is not good and after the skin has formed (usually about 5mins after you put it on) its not advisable to touch it as it will scar up.

Status
Not open for further replies.