Have you spoken to expamet about it? Send a few pics to the manufacturers and see if you can get their backing
have u been scraping them with a metal trowel and took off galvanize?Some advice please lads. I have a county court claim against me for rusting internal skim beads. Beads were fitted to existing building and a block extension. Some were stapled on and some stuck with skim. We used beads from 2 different suppliers on the job and they're from 2 different manufacturers. Got a call after a few months about the rusting beads. Nearly all of the beads have rusted. There were no cavity closers on the new build and we put a mono render on the outside of the new build where the plastic weep holes were sticking out an unusually long way at all different angles. It's a ground floor building.
Fair enough in law I accept if I supplied beads and they're faulty it's on me and then I have to put it right or chase the supplier or both but In this case it seems highly unlikely that beads from two different suppliers are at fault. I'm disputing the claim as I think there's some other problem here. I could fix the problem for it to arise again and it's a business why should I rectify a problem that I strongly believe isn't my fault.
Any ideas why nearly all the beads would rust? It's something that's never happened to me before or any of the lads I know.
This is the most likely explanation so far.Something is pointing towards the decorator I think he's been on the grinder!! Does he know you or sommat I bet you shagged his Mrs? IL show him I won't head butt him IL go round and sand all his f**k**g beads to bits! That'll f**k**g show him to mess with me... Dr evil laugh
My point is if another plasterer had shagged our lass and I thought I.ll sand all his beeds so they rust instead of head butting him . I can guarantee I.ll do one BEAD and think neither of em are worth other 39 . Then i.d f**k of to Thailand and get mingingI've run a steel trowel down every single bead (got that @John j BEAD) I've worked to for the last thirty-seven years. On top of that I regularly sand down the arris to leave them neat and clean. None of this has taken the galvanizing off or caused the beads to rust. Ever!
My guess is that either the house was left closed up during the winter months and the board adhesive hung wet for too long, I've seen this just once and on just the one bead, or the tosher has gone totally mad and sanded of the galv off. But I'm not sure if that's even possible.
Gee. You would need to scrape for ages to take off the galvanised coating and do every one with enthusiasm. If just on the edge and not under that proves it.. Imo.. Remove one and look as no way would it just rust on the edge if faultyyou did job so customer has to let you back in to fix faultThe customer wants a grand to get it repaired, don't see why I should pay. Simply that
That's why one needs to be removed. If rust on the edge only and all of them are the same then it can't be damp. They rust from under the plaster first, as the corner edge gets it last. I want to look at a bead removed... I've sanded the metal edges on jobs and it rusted through when I painted and happens quickly like 2 daysany beads i have seen rust have all to do with water ingress cant see any sanding having a effect on a bead,constant damp conditions i would say.