country finish!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pug

started a job today reskimming a flat above a pub, happy days!

however..... its a very old place (1700s) beams etc, and the customer wants the reskim to be in keeping with the "character" of the place, in other words really lumpy and uneven.

prepped the whole flat and started skimming, had a real nightmare getting trowel marks out due to uneveness of it all, ended up with best brush finish over alot of it. customer happy but wondered if anyone had any tips or hints for this sort of job?  

cheers

Sounds like you've got your hands full mate, could you not use an 11" trowel instead of a 14/13" one im guessing

how about finding a spaniard to do the job, pay him peanuts and it should be bang on!!!

Sounds like you've got your hands full mate, could you not use an 11" trowel instead of a 14/13" one im guessing

ended up scratching alot of it back with the toe of the trowel, but i need an excuse to treat myself to a new trowel! ;)

IV DONE A JOB 2 Day WERE THE WALLS AND CELINGS WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY WANTED FLAT FINISH..PLUS IT WAS ARTEX WALLS AND CELINGS! ILL ADD SOME PICS..

BEFORE

SDC10193.jpg

PREP

SDC10198.jpg

JOB DONE

SDC10202.jpg

WOT A LONG 2 DAYS THAT WALL THE WHOLE ROOM WAS LIKE IT 3 COATS EACH WALL

ON ME OWN AND UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS ALL DAY + THR VAN WAS ROUND THE CORNER!

ALL SATDAY AND SUNDAY IM F*UCKED!

nice one. i finished the flat today. ended up doing 20m sets, troweling up with a midget trowel and brush! using a small trowel was the way to go, cheers jetman, next time i'll get pedro in!

my new small trowl seems 2 leave lines in the plaster ..it is the MT £25 finish trowl aswell?

maybe it needs rubing up ona soft block

Status
Not open for further replies.