Could use some advice

Members online

jordantroy98

Hi all, Please can I get some input.

I am 22 and work in sales, I have about 3 1/2 years of sales experience and I earn good money for my age. I am pretty good at the job and I do enjoy certain aspects however, over the last 6 months, sitting at a desk all day, taking orders from my asshole manager, working super long hours etc is getting me really down. No one really talks about this, but the middle-class jobs (white-collar) tend to be the most depressing as the underlying anxiety of the job bleeds into one's free time hence your free time is no longer your free time. I've actually discovered I am becoming quite a dull person, my free time used to be so fulfilling but now, I am always thinking about targets and zone out by watching crap on youtube etc.

Now my father is an excellent plasterer and is well known in my area and he's willing to teach me and I have to admit, when I have worked with him, I enjoy the job as I get into a 'flow' like state and you're kind of left alone and trusted to do the job.

I really don't know which path to take, I am very confused. Apologies for the vagueness, but what would you personally do? Many thanks.

Could you drop to part time abs make up
The difference working with your dad? Do it for 6 months and if it feels right go for it. Pointless being unhappy in your job at your age, even if you go out with the old man for the next ten years and decide u don’t want to do that your still young enough to go back to sales. I did sales when I was 20 and all I found was that the management push everything onto u, turns into one big lubeless screwing then they turn round and out you to bring someone else in to repeat the cycle

I am 22 and work in sales, I have about 3 1/2 years of sales experience and I earn good money for my age. I am pretty good at the job and I do enjoy certain aspects however, over the last 6 months, sitting at a desk all day, taking orders from my asshole manager, working super long hours etc is getting me really down. No one really talks about this, but the middle-class jobs (white-collar) tend to be the most depressing as the underlying anxiety of the job bleeds into one's free time hence your free time is no longer your free time. I've actually discovered I am becoming quite a dull person, my free time used to be so fulfilling but now, I am always thinking about targets and zone out by watching crap on youtube etc.

Now my father is an excellent plasterer and is well known in my area and he's willing to teach me and I have to admit, when I have worked with him, I enjoy the job as I get into a 'flow' like state and you're kind of left alone and trusted to do the job.

I really don't know which path to take, I am very confused. Apologies for the vagueness, but what would you personally do? Many thanks.
Get out of that office as quick as you can.Make sure and tell that manager he’s only a w**k*r on the way out.Go and work with your father and give it 100%.It’s not the easiest trade but would be better than what your at currently.

Hand ya notice in tap as much pussy as possible in the office in the time you have left give um something to remember you by! Because only thing you will see on site is a hairy asshole or two! But yeah jack that G** office s**t in (y)

Hows the relationship with your dad for starters when youre working with him..
Its becomes a different story when you work together live together.. This is from experience he will expect alot on there patientce tend to run out a little more being family.. He will push you more than anyone to be good but just take my word therell probably be a lot of ups and downs until youre on youre own... Then youll be wishing somedays you worked with him. More as its so boring on your own at the best of times.. But overall go for it.

as someone learning plastering you are not going to produce an income. either your father is going to bail you out for the next few years, or you are in deep water.

Could you drop to part time abs make up
The difference working with your dad? Do it for 6 months and if it feels right go for it. Pointless being unhappy in your job at your age, even if you go out with the old man for the next ten years and decide u don’t want to do that your still young enough to go back to sales. I did sales when I was 20 and all I found was that the management push everything onto u, turns into one big lubeless screwing then they turn round and out you to bring someone else in to repeat the cycle
Thank you for your response, truly appreciated. That's a great point, I'm going to give it a go for a few months and see how it feels and like you said, determine whether It's for me or not. You are right in relation to sales, it can be great, but also very s**t. Thank you again my friend. Be well

as someone learning plastering you are not going to produce an income. either your father is going to bail you out for the next few years, or you are in deep water.
Absolutely correct, I have a decent amount of saving and am producing good income from the stock markets, money is not an issue. I am thinking long term. Will work for free for a few months and see how it goes. Thank you friend.

Hows the relationship with your dad for starters when youre working with him..
Its becomes a different story when you work together live together.. This is from experience he will expect alot on there patientce tend to run out a little more being family.. He will push you more than anyone to be good but just take my word therell probably be a lot of ups and downs until youre on youre own... Then youll be wishing somedays you worked with him. More as its so boring on your own at the best of times.. But overall go for it.
Thank you for your response, truly appreciated. My Dad & I get along like a house on fire and when I have worked together, there is not tension. Very good point raised, thank you.

Get out of that office as quick as you can.Make sure and tell that manager he’s only a w**k*r on the way out.Go and work with your father and give it 100%.It’s not the easiest trade but would be better than what your at currently.
Thank you. You are correct, it's hard to describe but being a plasterer, one attains that flow like state that lacks in white collar jobs. Appreciate your input friend.

Definitely go with your dad plastering is a great career you won’t look back on life and think what a miserable existence you should look back and be able to say that was good , the trade is broken up yes but this could be a good thing and atm is one of the most in demand
Thank you Vincey, appreciate your input.

Sent me to sleep ye borning git

Definitely go with your dad plastering is a great career you won’t look back on life and think what a miserable existence you should look back and be able to say that was good , the trade is broken up yes but this could be a good thing and atm is one of the most in demand
Wish I worked in a office

Get a decent van,
Approx 3 months wages in the bank,
Work wise 4/6 weeks lined up
Your dad will have some contacts
Be prepared to learn from your mistakes, oh and you will make them
Tool wise get the basics, handboard/trowel/mixer/buckets etc , you can always add to them
Public liability insurance is a must
Sense of humour and not let any comments on site affect you is a must,.........true story this ,a 30 year old plasterer on site was told to xxxxxx off by another plasterer , he went home and complained to his mam
The great british public , there are truly some wonderfull /good people out there, but there are also the wackos/nut jobs/ nasty ones , so much to look forward to.

Get a decent van,
Tool wise get the basics, handboard/trowel/mixer/buckets etc , you can always add to them
Sense of humour and not let any comments on site affect you is a must,.........true story this ,a 30 year old plasterer on site was told to xxxxxx off by another plasterer , he went home and complained to his mam
The great british public , there are truly some wonderfull /good people out there, but there are also the wackos/nut jobs/ nasty ones , so much to look forward to.
Thank you Brian, appreciate your help. I am going to work with my dad for a few months, gain some perspective and of course, make a decision. Thank you again.

Get a decent van,
f**k**g handboard?

Absolutely correct, I have a decent amount of saving and am producing good income from the stock markets, money is not an issue. I am thinking long term. Will work for free for a few months and see how it goes. Thank you friend.

spend more time investing if your making money from it.

Most interesting 40nyears olds still dont know what they want to do with there life. I.m 46 and I defo never wanted to be doi g this .

One bit of advice I.ll give you is wear sun screen @essexandy see what I did there.

But if your serious I can sort you some trowels out
I'm serious