cost of travis perkins materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

was working in clapham common today and needed some supplies so i went to the local travis in banham just down the road, bought 7 multi and 6, 2.4m skim beads, i was expecting to pay bout 50 quid ish, price came back at 84 quid, i asked for the individual prices £7.22 a bag of skim, £3.20 a bead what a ******* rip off travis is.
never useing travis again..........EVER

as said on here before.if you don`t have a account with a merchant,don`t exspect to pay wickes prices.you need to have a account to get the discounts.

my local builders merchants are only 5er a bag and £1.10 a bead and i dnt have an account with them

im just gonna refuse to go to travis from now on haha. i worked it out and it would have been cheaper for me to drive back to my town by the gear then drive back (40 miles each way)

ring a branch in bristol and one in manchester and get a price on each then ring head office and complain theyve had you ******* right over mate

yeah i was thinkin of ringin the head office im gona go into the travis round my way and see what thier prices are first then ring up and see what they say

or better still text me the number ill ask them for a price on each and record the conversation

I wonder whether these T***s are breaking the law? TP are by far the worst for this, it makes me fukin seeth. Go to Tescos for a loaf and it'll be the same price in Scotland as it is in London. A bit of consistency is all we are after here so we know what to pass on to our customers, but it just seems as if they charge you based on:
1. Do I know you?
2. Do I like you?
3. Have you got an account?
4. How are you paying?
5. Is it nearly my lunch hour?
6. Is it Saturday rates?
7. Does this guy know what he's buying?

On my Travis account I pay £3.40 for a bag of bonding, £3.20 for a sheet of 6x3 board, £4 for skim.

You have to get your price terms set up, they where a rip off before I had my account mind

tried it with me the once ask to speak to the manger
had a cash account with them
get beads for 99 +vat
6x3 12.5 boards 2.75
multi £4:14
good as gold now got to ask else you dont get
(same as in house dont ask for cuppa dont get)

was working in clapham common today and needed some supplies so i went to the local travis in banham just down the road, bought 7 multi and 6, 2.4m skim beads, i was expecting to pay bout 50 quid ish, price came back at 84 quid, i asked for the individual prices £7.22 a bag of skim, £3.20 a bead what a ******* rip off travis is.
never useing travis again..........EVER
Your in Clapham mate! so you charge Clapham prices! Simples!

i said to the fella that he was takeing the piss thats a ridiculous price.....rah rah rah, to which i was told if you dnt like it you know where the door is, but i was running out of time to get the job done so i paid and called him a robbin barst and left. we had a few words but i wernt getting anywhere

went to jewswon last week and most of the bonding,hardwall and board finish was out of date by over 4 months !!!

why if paying as you go ---cash or card should you be charged more than if you have an acccount---with an account you are paying monthly

by paying card on each visit that is money in the bank to them --you should get the best prices --

--you don't though ???

e&m jenkins plasterers & builders,plastering,gloucestershire

I wonder whether these T***s are breaking the law? TP are by far the worst for this, it makes me fukin seeth. Go to Tescos for a loaf and it'll be the same price in Scotland as it is in London. A bit of consistency is all we are after here so we know what to pass on to our customers, but it just seems as if they charge you based on:
1. Do I know you?
2. Do I like you?
3. Have you got an account?
4. How are you paying?
5. Is it nearly my lunch hour?
6. Is it Saturday rates?
7. Does this guy know what he's buying?

Bang on m8. I reckon it should be against the law and we should start up a petition and get FMB involved it makes me f**king sick what these builders merchants get away with they treat us like scum...somebody start up a facebook group or something enough is enough...worst f**king cowboys in the building industry.

i dunno about you lot but my merchants is sweet. give me very good rates on everything. my mate spends thousands with buildbase a month and they were charging him £6 for a 6x3 and tried charging him £9 a length of coving. i get finish for £4, boards for £2.80 and coving for £2.20 a length

is that inc vat beddy? boards and cove are about what magnet are charging minus the vat, and theyre running plastering supplies as a 'loss leader'...
4 quid for multi in b&q and wickes for 5 bags....
3.96 or something in magnet, plus the vat..

pack of cove in wickes about 20 quid, 5x3m lengths.. 4 quid a length....
was looking at board prices in b&q today buying some dricoat...
280 ish for 10 or more i think, 8x4x1/2", but more like a fiver for singles???
cant remember exactly, though b&q got the best stock range round here.... just didnt have any 15mil boards... :RpS_cursing:

only place that got em was andrews builders merchants, and i avoid 'merchants' like the f'ckin plague at the moment so im trying to find another way round it... :RpS_blink:

including mate. i got my mate who i told you about to switch to them so they are raking it in now and give me a good price as a favour. or so they say lol. we have to use building paper to mask any floors, fireplaces etc and at buildbase its £70 a roll. county can get it me for £40

good prices them for small quantities mate :RpS_thumbup:
ive had the full set this last week or so - timber, cable, plumbing, dricoat, ko boxes, drill bits you name it...
ive managed to find the best prices ( just off memory mostly) but i reckon Ive paid for it in flippin deisel :RpS_cursing:

i dont go anywhere else for my stuff, them rates are pretty decent, the lads are sound. deliveries are spot on and its down the road. county is pretty new in cov and most of the lads that work there used to work at the old merchants i used so i know them all. try toolstation for your electrical stuff mate, my mate uses them and apparently they are hard to beat.

yeh toolstation / screwfix.... screwfix slightly cheaper on the cable, but no short lengths...
just had to blag it down the electrical suppliers for bits like 6mm, 10mm and 3core short bits... walk in like i know what im on about and they usually sort me out ok...
you wanna see the price of 10mm these days man.... jeeeeeesssuuuusss!!!!

shop around youll get a huge difference,
i generally find selco hard to beat on most stuff,or magnet i get it at around 3 quid a bag of finish,but i do buy a lot,over a 1000 bags of finish alone from magnet last year.
but haggle in a downturn the buyer is in control, and i know that places like jewsons get high targets for sales for individual stores.
never been near a band q or wickes.

Travis and perkins own wickes.I use wicks nearly all the time as parking is good in out no probs and the price is as goos as b and q on most things but the range a little smaller.Bildrs merchants are a ripp off i drive past two to by my plaster from wickes only use merchants if im in a hurry or just need 1 or 2 bags.Also ita a parlavour them searching for it on there system and getting a ticket then queing up easier to go wickes in out

Stay clear of sbr from travis if u aint got an account or owt. It's bout 50 quid with the vat. Nice 17 quid from BNq, I've used to think travis were rip off cyunts but since got a trade cash card it's a lot better priced. Still wudnt get sbr from there tho

bought 70 odd bags of hardwall from wicks for 6.50 went in for some skim the next day and they put the price up to 7.20 just as well i don't need any more lol

Yep sort out a cash card with them for free, then negotiate a price per item you wish to purchase, receipts from other places help also try speak to a manager, they can give the best prices

im just gonna refuse to go to travis from now on haha. i worked it out and it would have been cheaper for me to drive back to my town by the gear then drive back (40 miles each way)
Doupt it J, WTF you doing working over there must drive past a million jobs on the way Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.