Cortisone injection

peterroberts

Anyone had one of these, went yesterday and Christ I'm in worse pain now than before I had it, can hardly get my arm to move, had it in shoulder just a bit worried as got a busy few weeks ahead, hoping that it's just a very temporary thing
Anyone who has had one and can tell me how long this lasts for would be great

Not had one myself but a few of my mates have. Think it wears off after 2 or 3 days.

Got 5 in the lower back over the course of 3 years from '10 to '13 The last 1 finally worked and got up on 2 years out of it. Had to b held down by 4 nurses for the last injection. Ooooh the fu#king pain. Still get shivers when I think of it. Very reluctant to get another 1 and could badly do with it.....

Had them in the wrist, too hard a grip on the trowel handle, couldn't move wrist without an audible sound like a creaking gate! Injection with a thing that looked like a knitting needle on a bicycle pump, 5 goes at it. Hurt a bit Then got loads nicer, warm and fuzzy in the hurty bit. Bit of rest, new handle on trowel, good to go.

Lasts about two days, had three shots every 3 month before I was operated on, worth having two days off to be able to work three month ish

I've had 2 in the last 8months on my elbow,rest for 2days n try and spend a few days on light duties then it's great for a while then after a few months tennis elbow comes back,try and stretch as much as u can before and after work,and apply ice after hard days

Doc mentioned it for my knees if get to bad, mate had it and said never again ! pain will have to be almost passing out stage before i let them experiment with knitting needle in my knees !

I would have tried anything to stop the pain. Didn't know about the size of the needle till I saw it.....too late to run out screaming like a girl.....found out a man can sob silently

Had 2 in my hand and one in my back, had a very good recovery from both but spoke to many people who weren't so lucky. I think it's a case of how well your body reacts, luck of the draw I guess. After my battle with sciatica I started taking glucosamine and cod liver oil every morning, I also stopped caffeine, I convinced myself it was the strong coffe waking me up when the decaf did the same, i think having any type of hot drink will wake your body up. Feel less aches now than I did 10 years ago, maybe it's the supplements I take and avoiding caffeine, maybe it's all in my head, maybe it's maybelliene

Morning routine
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1473537956.572613.jpg