Cornish granite block internal plastering

Darren Floyd

Hi I recently moved to Cornwall having purchased a 1900 granite block house ,the upper gable walls have been cement rendered and pebble dashed , I internally dot n dabbed and skimmed the wall with the render on the external ,then damp appeared where the adhesive is.
I'm now thinking of removing the plasterboard and re-doing the wall with a lime plaster ,any thoughts or alternatives ?

Good move that - not Cornwall which May be fantastic for all I know - but I mean good move removing plasterboard

Cold bridging is the most likely culprit. Take the boards off, strap the walls and fit insulated boards. Descent boards though, not, the cheapest you can get.

Hi I recently moved to Cornwall having purchased a 1900 granite block house ,the upper gable walls have been cement rendered and pebble dashed , I internally dot n dabbed and skimmed the wall with the render on the external ,then damp appeared where the adhesive is.
I'm now thinking of removing the plasterboard and re-doing the wall with a lime plaster ,any thoughts or alternatives ?
Light and big f*** off massive fire