Cornice moulds

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

attachment.php

oh dear mate. :(

pay me a 100quid and ill make you a load of brand new ones haha

Am only messing fella, one thing I try not to be on here is "serious" unless asked for genuine help? I've seen your handy work on here and very impressive as is that beard of yours? :RpS_thumbup:

Be truthful. Have you taken a mould of your penis. You know. Late Saturday shift. On your own. Bored....

like you said ryan crap!! i have also chucked out loads over the years tried to keep them but they just take up to much space ( havent got a workshop or garage just a shed!!)

On average we run off 4-5 new reverse moulds a week , we keep them for about a year then throw them out when we run out of space ,
In the good days it would have been at least five times that

Ryan. After running match existing moulds you'll soon get sick of them. NOTHING more annoying that about 20 match existing moulds In the bleeding way in the workshop. Nothing more I love than picking up of the bench snapping it and skipping it.

:)

www.michaeljadams.co.uk
Fibrous plaster mouldings.

Wow you get quite good sales, I'm student and plan to set up my small business to make plain faced cornices and I don't have idea how to sell them as I can install them - you use your website to sell them?
We are I. Business since 1998 and things have changed a bit , I would suggest a good website , photos of previous jobs, avoid adverts in glossy mags ,and knock on doors where work is going on,
Our website is www.plasterwork.ie
Good luck in your venture
Oh
And don't give credit

I usually leave the running mould with the customer incase they need it in the future and Ryan you can rob the designs off someone else's website :)

Cause you can you are only taking their catalogue they are all the same aslong as your not robbing their pics who will know.

Ryan, theres a few good architectural books that have lots of info regarding fibrous work. Ill dig out there names, if you can get hold of them there good to have. From them you can draw up your own designs. Aslong as there architecturally correct! For example...this...
Which is right and which is wrong...

picture 1
1.jpg

picture 2
2.jpg

Ryan, theres a few good architectural books that have lots of info regarding fibrous work. Ill dig out there names, if you can get hold of them there good to have. From them you can draw up your own designs. Aslong as there architecturally correct! For example...this...
Which is right and which is wrong...

picture 1
View attachment 2527

picture 2
View attachment 2528

Yup no2 is wrong, no1 is designed to transfer the weight down the profile and away from the ceiling. So its not top heavy. So no2 has the bulk part at the top, Reality is doesn't matter, but as a design, the reason it was designed like that is for that reason.

Same with a georgian 'drip' member, its design purpose was when used outside externally on the building, any running water would reach this member and drip off the building instead of carrying on and running down the face of the house.

They weren't soft these people yanno.
Its silly mistakes like that that show the pros from the handymen in this game. Ive seen georgian cornice fitted upside down and all sorts.
I mean if the customer insists they want it a a certain way then fine, but i explain these things to them and try and steer them down the correct path.

i havent got the book, just photocopied poages of it, theres a few books. I suggest going the library and borrowing them as there 60quid off to buy

There was a book posted up a while back off Kirk I think which is on here some where ask @Nisus he can find it on his PC somewhere :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.