Cornice for a tv series

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankNewman275

Just got a nice order in for supply of six different types of cornice for a TV show called penny dreadful with Timothy Dalton starring in it,
Good timing for us as we tend to slack off this time of year,
And from previous experience the film studios are excellent payers

plasterwork.ie

Just got a nice order in for supply of six different types of cornice for a TV show called penny dreadful with Timothy Dalton starring in it,
Good timing for us as we tend to slack off this time of year,
And from previous experience the film studios are excellent payers

plasterwork.ie

Throw up a few photos Frank of some of your stuff ,when you get a chance

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Back through the foggy mist's of time I worked with an old spread who's mate also a spread worked at pinewood studio's and by all accounts they were very very good payers. At least once a week i would be told the story of how his mate smoked american cig's that he spent more on than he used to earn in a week I never used to tire of that story :rolleyes)

Very nice mate!
Did a job that was on 'the restoration man'

1941521.jpg

good luck with the job :) is it in ireland?

Very nice mate!
Did a job that was on 'the restoration man'

[

good luck with the job :) is it in ireland?

Yes mate , we are only supplying though , they are filming in Wicklow , there own lads do the fitting,
Supplied them before for King Arthur movie we were making stone look panels in plaster for three months,
There attention to detail is very exact .
But sound to deal with

Plasterwork.ie

Plasterwork.ie

haha, we could go back and forth all day here! :RpS_thumbup:

If your ever working over this side and need any extra hands. Then give me a shout.

I got a voicemail on Friday from some bird from ITV............didnt bother ringing back cos its probably for rogue traders.....................:rolleyes)

I'm a big fan of the Large Castle that you do Frank ,nice profile .

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

were you the only business they asked or did you have to estimate against other businesses to get the work??

were you the only business they asked or did you have to estimate against other businesses to get the work??

Not 100 per cent sure mate , but as all our competitors prices are similar to ours , I think the designs we have suited the period they were trying to create,

Plasterwork.ie

Alot of our work comes from architects / conservation officer specifying us to do the job. After a 100 years in the game, the name 'Adams' seems to stick.

Alot of our work comes from architects / conservation officer specifying us to do the job. After a 100 years in the game, the name 'Adams' seems to stick.

Yes I agree , and well deserved , we are only babies . 25 Years this December,
But sometimes especially with builders it's just price , price. Price
No regard for quality or service,

Plasterwork.ie

Yes I agree , and well deserved , we are only babies . 25 Years this December,
But sometimes especially with builders it's just price , price. Price
No regard for quality or service,

Plasterwork.ie

Its a shame its that way nowdays!

25years is good going in this game! When times get slow and hard, they get slow and hard!
how did you get into fibrous work if you don't mind me asking?

Its a shame its that way nowdays!

25years is good going in this game! When times get slow and hard, they get slow and hard!
how did you get into fibrous work if you don't mind me asking?

I started my apprenticeship and did the first nine monthes in a college in Dublin , was lucky enough to be taken on by established contractor who did a bit of fibrous work,
Got to prefer it to normal spreading and set up the company in 1988

Plasterwork.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.