Corners ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
For angles , their normally at at the Juncture of two or more opposing surfaces :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Yeah I've an internal trowel for those junctures Paul and strangely I manage to leave a good finish without the need to run a brush down it.

Yeah I've an internal trowel for those junctures Paul and strangely I manage to leave a good finish without the need to run a brush down it.

I bow to your greatness....

We are not worthy, we are just slumdogs who leave brushmarks all over our work! :rolleyes)

Come on Andrew, do you really think everyone who uses an angle brush leaves **** work?

Theres more to it than that....

Im a slumdog, never even used a angle/internal/corner brush stainless steel plastic sponged speed skimming trowel, how the fook have i managed :RpS_mad:

I bow to your greatness....

We are not worthy, we are just slumdogs who leave brushmarks all over our work! :rolleyes)

Come on Andrew, do you really think everyone who uses an angle brush leaves **** work?

Theres more to it than that....

I honestly don't know having never felt the need to finish an internal with a brush, I just don't get it.

I did have a fella come on site to do a house for me some years back and after he'd finished and gone after his first day skimming I went to have a look round his work. All looked neat and tidy apart from every internal having been finished with a brush, so I got my internal and tidied them up as best I could and pointed out the error of his ways the next morning. He bucked up and did quite a few houses for me before slipping back into his old ways and I got shot.

Andy I have never used an internal with an angle trowel, not sure if its a northern thing but I always finish my internals with a brush ,,as do every spread I know, I've met lads that can't do wet angles and had to hard angle , but they have been novices or southerners

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I remember this argument coming up on here before, the whole wet angle trowel,brush,twitcher finish debate. I think it's irrelevant which technique you use so long as the finish is good.

The passion of internal corners amongst spreads?
Love it....corner trowel,, opposites ,,wet angles,,twitchers ???? Don't ever remember getting pulled for my corners?:rolleyes)

Used to use a brush as i was taught without a corner trowel because the boss said what if it breaks or you lose it etc. Now I just use a corner trowel. I do still use a brush on ceiling lines though if ceiling has already been done. Personally its easier for me to do wet angles. None of this opposites b*ll***s. What happens when you get a job like just the walls in a box bedroom. 15.-20m2 max. Are you going to do 2 arse botheringly small hits and be there all day lol

I think if your after earning decent pricework money the angle tool is essential, if you smash a 3x4 room on ln one hit thats getting on for 25 linear mtrs of angles to pull in. why use a brush if you can finish it with steel,
Paintbrushes are for painters, trowels are for plasterers imho.

Aye why should it matter what we us, as long as they are sharp and clean FFS.

now what about them plastic floats,they are **** :)

Oh and if I have to wet angle,I just use my trowel and be delicate like a ballet dancer,none of this southern angle trowel nonsense (oh and a bit of easy fill,bobs ya ******* uncle)
:RpS_love:

Andy I have never used an internal with an angle trowel, not sure if its a northern thing but I always finish my internals with a brush ,,as do every spread I know, I've met lads that can't do wet angles and had to hard angle , but they have been novices or southerners

Well if all you northeners are finishing the internals with a brush I'd say you can't do wet angles either.

Alright bud bit harsh. I take a lot of pride in my work. I never advertise and work soley off recommendation. I still have a lot to learn of that I'm sure but I certainly wouldn't deem myself **** thanks. That's just how I do it and it works for me

have a good evening
kirk giowhatsit plastering
here here

The only way of achieving sharpe angles with no angle trowel is to do opposite walls ,and work into hard angles on the next throw on ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1382255315.437955.jpg

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

If the angels are wet you still need a tossel brush to clean them down ,I use an angle trowel anyway

You can't beat plastering into a hard angle. Cut back excess off the joining wall, run a watered brush down the angle and come off the angle with your trowel. Job done. I use a twitch if needed sometimes. And the angle comes nice. But looking at the finished product afterwards, of doing all the opposites, you can't beat.

nice neat walls,, nice neat angels (how ever you do them) then the painter comes along with a big roller and leaves the walls and angels looking s---

Yea,your right ,it's important to be followed by a good painter, for the right reasons though

Working to an hard angle imho is for chancers, coursers or dayworkers why tf would anyone skim a room In 3 gauges (lack of confidence perhaps) learn to use an angle tool and get it all on in one.

good plasterers dont need a corner trowel, bring the wet angles in with your skimming trowel and 1 inch brush... yes, its easier skimming up to set finish, but if you have to bring 2 adjacent angles in its no big deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.