Corners and reveals - Newbie

gibasevi

Hi guys,

I was taught by a lovely plasterer whilst he was doing the ceilings. Use my own trowel for first coats to bed it in and he gave me his old trowel after my first wall for the finishing trowel :) Did one small wall, then did the living room walls and a hallway wall on my own. Almost finished doing the bedroom now. Getting better, (hopefully), on each wall and loving it! Will be doing someone else's house today and then finishing off the bedroom this evening. First set of reveals

Just a question... Always used just the trowel and done alternate walls with dry corners. All seem to have turned out ok. Never a brush though... What's it for?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I was taught by a lovely plasterer whilst he was doing the ceilings. Use my own trowel for first coats to bed it in and he gave me his old trowel after my first wall for the finishing trowel :) Did one small wall, then did the living room walls and a hallway wall on my own. Almost finished doing the bedroom now. Getting better, (hopefully), on each wall and loving it! Will be doing someone else's house today and then finishing off the bedroom this evening. First set of reveals

Just a question... Always used just the trowel and done alternate walls with dry corners. All seem to have turned out ok. Never a brush though... What's it for?

Thanks!
The brush is for cleaning up the hard angle, dont use it to early or you'll leave brush marks in the fresh plaster.

When you do your reveals take your trowel up and down not into the bead.

I don’t know how you can placated without use of a brush. Cleans angles

By yourself a twitch for internal angle that way you don’t have to do hard angles just load a bit of gear on it and run it down the angle,load a bit more on it and run it up the angle make sure you get the stuff right in the angle don’t worry about tram lines they will go in with a trowel then twitch out after every trowel if it’s going off a bit, probably better for you to use a tapers twitch they get right in the angle then later on you can get a proper one

I have a brush addiction. I recon I have over 10 types and well over 50 in total in van.
I only use a rad brush and a three inch
The rest are borowed from decorators.
Best thing about a brush is getting a window frame absolutely immaculate after each set of reveals. The line between plaster and pvc or wood should be millimeter perfect, plumb and square. Without a brush I’d b f@£ked

By yourself a twitch for internal angle that way you don’t have to do hard angles just load a bit of gear on it and run it down the angle,load a bit more on it and run it up the angle make sure you get the stuff right in the angle don’t worry about tram lines they will go in with a trowel then twitch out after every trowel if it’s going off a bit, probably better for you to use a tapers twitch they get right in the angle then later on you can get a proper one
Curtain twitching?

Curtain twitching?
Absolutely, have to keep an eye on what’s going on I’m an old fart now
I love working with the old boys.
Two brothers of 70 odd years old laying on a room with me.
‘ what the hell is that thing boy?’
‘ twitcher!’ I said
‘ curtain twitcher, that’s a f&?king’ scoop u c@£t’ He through it out the window and the chippy knicked it.

Never bought one since

Brush :
My teeth
My hair
My dusty wallet
My kitchen floor
My window frames
My hard angles
My wet ones right at the end
My ceiling line
My skirting line
My front yard