Corner beads

Kylie10

I’m going to be rendering a large garden wall this week. The beads have already been applied but they’re 10mm beads. Can you 2 coat render with 10mm beads? I was taught it should be a lot bigger.

Of course you can, but as rigsby said blockwork might grin through, I had a customer fit 10mm plastic beads for s&c then changed his mind and wanted mono, told him they ideally need to be 15mm because blocks might show through, he reluctantly changed them, I finished the job and he even Saidvi think it was a wise idea to change them.

Of course you can, but as rugby said blockwork might grin through, I had a customer fit 10mm plastic beads for s&c then changed his mind and wanted mono, told him they ideally need to be 15mm because blocks might show through, he reluctantly changed them, I finished the job and he even Saidvi think it was a wise idea to change them.

15m beads are a pathetic waste of time and materials.

suppliers simply want you to buy more of there product...

that bagged render is shite.
its poison aswell
god help you boys using it day in day out.

its horrible s**t.
Guessing your not a fan of any of it then :LOL:
I personally don't mind it, beats skimming everyday, nice to do something different once in a while.

Guessing your not a fan of any of it then :LOL:
I personally don't mind it, beats skimming everyday, nice to do something different once in a while.

(y)
(y)
when I was labouring the taste of lime was disgusting....

that bagged render is simply poison mate.

(y)
(y)
when I was labouring the taste of lime was disgusting....

that bagged render is simply poison mate.
I agree it's not nice to breath in, esp lime had a face full of that loads of time, throw a shovel in mixer and half the f**k*r comes back out in your face haha, I learnt to throw it and run behind mixer, non of the bagged stuff is good for you though, mult, dab, bonding, cement, its all poison, you can get a vacuum on the ritmo now so reduces the dust massively.

I agree it's not nice to breath in, esp lime had a face full of that loads of time, throw a shovel in mixer and half the f**k*r comes back out in your face haha, I learnt to throw it and run behind mixer, non of the bagged stuff is good for you though, mult, dab, bonding, cement, its all poison, you can get a vacuum on the ritmo now so reduces the dust massively.

well I've just talked the kids into painting the loft room for a fiver a day each (y)

I’m going to be rendering a large garden wall this week. The beads have already been applied but they’re 10mm beads. Can you 2 coat render with 10mm beads? I was taught it should be a lot bigger.
Apply a high poly base coat 4mm with mesh and then top if mono or 10mm of base and thin coat

Of course you can, but as rigsby said blockwork might grin through, I had a customer fit 10mm plastic beads for s&c then changed his mind and wanted mono, told him they ideally need to be 15mm because blocks might show through, he reluctantly changed them, I finished the job and he even Saidvi think it was a wise idea to change them.
I am going to be using s&c. Thanks for the advice though:)

il get them on it (y)
5d8adadc5ab16aaa3af2608c3217c15b.jpg

Suppliers would sell you 50mm beads if they could get away with it. We use the smallest bead we can get away with, less work, less material.